Just started a 20 gal fowlr

I just started a 20 gallon FOWLR used 20 pounds of caribsea ocean direct live sand and about 8 pounds of base rock then added 15 gallons of real ocean water from petco started last night when should I see the ammonia start to spike ?

AJK

Cool, my first tank was a 20 gal fowlr. Couldn't wait to acclimate my first clown fish. Have fun :)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Here is your typical cycle. Don't worry about they days across the bottom as many factors can affect the timing. The important thing to look for is the rise and fall to zero of ammonia and then the rise and fall to zero of Nitrites. Once that is done, the cycle is complete and you can do a large water change to reduce Nitrates and add a CUC.

goma-albums-cycle-picture24873-cycle.jpg

Just placed about 15 pounds of LR in my tank most of it was fully cured so when should I see a spike or will it be a slight spike

I've got hair thin white worms on my live rock at first I thought they where spaghetti or hair worms but they appear to be free roaming and I've got a ton of amphipods has anybody dealt with this worm before