Just saying hi. New to the forum and to saltwater.

Hi everyone. I've been reading threads on this forum for a while and thought it was time I became a member and said hi :wave:

There seems to be a lot of friendly like minded people here with some great advice.

I've just acquired a juwel trigon 350 and have decided I am converting from FW to SW.

I'm planning on having a full reef and all the headaches and fun that come with it. I'm still in the research stage though and not getting far very fast. I'll post some pics as I go along and will annoy you all with loads of questions when I get stuck.

So yeh :threadjack: Hi everyone, and thanks for having me.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

I'll be sure to add pictures as I go along with the project. I'm still very much in the researching stage at the minute and trying to confuse my other half to let me have more space.
I currently have the trigon 350 with no real room for a sump, so I'm thinking a custom stand is going to be needed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tru2nr

Welcome and to echo everyone else....research, research and research some more and once that's done do more research and have patience like a lot of patience ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soco

Hi everyone. I've been reading threads on this forum for a while and thought it was time I became a member and said hi :wave:

There seems to be a lot of friendly like minded people here with some great advice.

I've just acquired a juwel trigon 350 and have decided I am converting from FW to SW.

I'm planning on having a full reef and all the headaches and fun that come with it. I'm still in the research stage though and not getting far very fast. I'll post some pics as I go along and will annoy you all with loads of questions when I get stuck.

So yeh :threadjack: Hi everyone, and thanks for having me.
Hi ! Welcome to reef sanctuary!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

So, a quick update. And a little bit of advice/recommendations.

I've now got the last of the (dead) live rock I needed, acquired from a friend that had some sat in his garage. I'm just wondering though if I'm best to fully cure all the rock I've got, from both different sources, all together in a barrel. Or should I just aquascape it in my DT, along with a little raw shrimp and get the cycle running from there?

Also, my other half has put her foot down and is not allowing me to build the custom stand allowing for me to have a sump [emoji22] so now I'm having to go with a hang on back skimmer. Do you guys and gals have any recommendations for a suitable one for the 92gal tank?

I've got the rock in the tank now, it's happily under water [emoji1] I'm going to pick up a couple of bits of larger live rock from my lfs tomorrow though, to seed the old dry rock and I also want a couple of large pieces because a lot of the rock I have is medium/small pieces. It's currently sat all level on the bottom under shallow (100ltr) water, then once I've got the larger pieces I'm going to scape it and fill the tank right up [emoji4]

Skimmer wise I've been looking at the bubble magus e5, or
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002YEHQ3O/

Both seem to be a good size for my tank but being new to this salty world I've no experience with skimmers [emoji17]

Any recommendations would be great [emoji6]