Just saying Hello

Lilguppy1968

my first time here so I guess I will introduce myself, I am new to your site and joined so I can get help with some questions on reef keeping and so far I have learned a lot from looking up and reading your answers to those questions. I work at an awesome marine science center and I am a marine biologist however just getting back to the aquarium side of it in relearning the basics of aquarium keeping and all that comes with it. So looking forward to reading up on what this site has to offer. Thanks

Lilguppy1968

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS! Start a tank thread so we can follow your journey!! :swmfish:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Mr.Reeefer

Hi there mate!!!! :wave:

Welcome to RS, a marine biologist......welcome aboard, I'm sure you will become useful information for us also!!!

Hello. That is one beautiful Aquarium of the month. I am a new aquarist. 75 gallon with sump pump, pump with uv lights, current led lights, 3 headed duncan, 3 branched hammers, 1 super large xenia and a small one, 1 giant green star, 3 feather dusters, 1 dragon soul flavia (sp?), various mushrooms, 1 3-inch scoly. Learning the chemistry. Testing for magnesium seems to be a challenge as the test instructions cannot be understood even with a degree and the font is super small. Any suggestions for a great magnesium test? My aquarium has been my addiction. Its nuts. I love to spend money on this thing.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
@Christie Summervill :wave: HELLO &
:rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
I can certainly relate to all you said :thumbup:

SW is for sure an addiction & I LOVE SCOLYS TOO :heart:
Start a tank thread & share your tank here with lots of pictures! It makes the hobby lots more fun & successful to do this.
Here's where my money goes :D
image.jpg

@Christie Summervill :wave: HELLO &
:rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
I can certainly relate to all you said :thumbup:

SW is for sure an addiction & I LOVE SCOLYS TOO :heart:
Start a tank thread & share your tank here with lots of pictures! It makes the hobby lots more fun & successful to do this.
Here's where my money goes :D
View attachment 42039
OMG. It is absolutely beautiful! Wow! Love, love, love. I think it would be great to have a local club that goes to different houses to drink wine and view their aquarium. People could talk about what issues they have had and offer solutions. Doesn't that sound fun?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hello. That is one beautiful Aquarium of the month. I am a new aquarist. 75 gallon with sump pump, pump with uv lights, current led lights, 3 headed duncan, 3 branched hammers, 1 super large xenia and a small one, 1 giant green star, 3 feather dusters, 1 dragon soul flavia (sp?), various mushrooms, 1 3-inch scoly. Learning the chemistry. Testing for magnesium seems to be a challenge as the test instructions cannot be understood even with a degree and the font is super small. Any suggestions for a great magnesium test? My aquarium has been my addiction. Its nuts. I love to spend money on this thing.

What test are you using for magnesium? I thought the same thing & it's a pain trying to figure the 2 tests I tried to understand also :confused:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
OMG. It is absolutely beautiful! Wow! Love, love, love. I think it would be great to have a local club that goes to different houses to drink wine and view their aquarium. People could talk about what issues they have had and offer solutions. Doesn't that sound fun?
Wow, I L:heart: that idea too!! :D :thumber:
But nothing or no one local to me....RS is a good 2nd choice :cheers:

Pat24601

What test are you using for magnesium? I thought the same thing & it's a pain trying to figure the 2 tests I tried to understand also :confused:

I use the Red Sea for Magnesium and I agree it's a pain. It took me a while even to learn how to do it correctly as I was getting crazy results when I first started.

For that reason, I really don't check Magnesium much. Basically, only if I'm having a problem maintaining my calcium and Alk levels, which is pretty close to never so far. :)

Wine and aquariums is a great idea. :)