Just got done setting up my RSM!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Happy Holidays !!!

xmastree5.gif

doubleduece

I love the FTS, your tank looks awesome. Glad to here you are having luck with your birdsnest, I've had a pink for 7 months and the only thing it has done is change colors a couple of times, no growth, i HAVE IT MIDWAY NOW, and have tried many positions..

Keep up the good work.

Mavjoy

Thanks doubleduece. I got mine upper mid-level and doing good so far. My duncan is getting big and almost touching it. My 2 Gonis are also close by the birdsnest. It's growing downward tho. Need more light? Anyways, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Mavjoy

Wassup guys, went to my LFS and they just received an ORA shipment. I couldn't resist and picked up a green birdsnest frag. I'll be posting pics later tonight or early tomorrow. They also had some grade 1 picasso clowns for 500!...too much for me.....hehe. By the way, I also special order a Tunze nano skimmer from them and it might come next friday...can't wait.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sounds good - pictures are needed. I would have passed on the clowns too - 500 apiece or for a pair? Either way too darn expensive!

Mavjoy

Here are the pics of my newest addition-ORA green birdsnest-I also got a pic of my blue xenia(moved it to a different spot). I really like the color contrast of the ORA frag. The pics doesn't really show it.
122620081308.jpg

122620081311.jpg

122620081316.jpg

122620081313.jpg

WHAT IS THAT STUFF UNDERNEATH MY FROGSPAWN?(looks like a sponge of some sort) Need ID please...thanks.
122720081319.jpg

current FTS:
122620081317.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The ORA green birdsnest looks great. It's one of those corals that I'd like to have. I'll agree with you - that does look like a sponge under the frogspawn. Whether it'll pose a problem under there I don't know.

Mavjoy

Thanks for the info RM. Yeah, ORA stuff are just great!...my LFS has also got a frag of a blue milli...but I'm leaving my Visa when I get some fresh NSW...LOL...
Rue- thanks!...if you only knew what I do for this tank....enough said....LOL

Mavjoy

Wassup guys, I'm about to get my Tunze nano 9002 skimmer this coming friday. Is their anything I should know before I set it up? I want to incorporate it with my fuge set up. Meaning, I want to keep my chaeto and skimmer together in the back chamber. Should I be concern that some of the chaeto might get inside the skimmer? I'm really excited and looking forward of making this set up work.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Happy New Year!

On the skimmer, I think you want to put it and the chaeto in the back chamber of the RSM? You might want to cut a piece of eggcrate to keep the chaeto from drifting over and blocking the inlet of the skimmer, but I'm not sure if there's room back there to do something like that. I can't remember where the inlets are on the 9002, but I think they're small slots on one of the narrow sides. Here's a link to the 9002 manual on the Tunze USA site:

9002 manual

But, it's not of much use in telling where the inlets are. I'm sure you'll figure it all out when you get the 9002! :)

Mavjoy

RM- thanks for the link. I was thinking of something to keep the chaeto from moving and the egg crate sounds like a good idea.

redseareef

RS Sponsor
HAPPY NEW YEAR MAV!!!!! Sounds like you got a good skimmer coming tomorrow! Get some pics and keep us posted on how you like it!
I cannot believe it's 2009 now!

Mavjoy

Happy New Year Redsea!...I'll be posting pics as soon as I get the tunze tomorrow. I hope my LFS gets it before I get off at 6 pm...hehe...can't wait. By the way, some of my LFS was open today and couldn't pass up a nice frag of some Sun corals...LOL...my lfs gave me a good price(don't we always say this..hehe). I just fed it on the pictures...I'm just worried of overfeeding my tank.
010120091348.jpg

010120091353.jpg

010120091357.jpg

010120091359.jpg

010120091360.jpg

back to work tomorrow....sucks...hehe..good thing is only one more day...weekend is here!!!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The suns look great! As does the whole tank.
I took a vacation day tomorrow - turned it into a 4 day weekend! :)

alphasierra

Those suns look great Mavjoy!!! Now I'm jealous! LOL!! I've been thinking of getting another cup coral for the back right or left corner as there seems to be a lot of debris that gathers there. Hoping it will provide food for them. Of course if will be pain hand feeding them.

Your going to be very busy feeding all those hungry heads. Don't forget to feed the original baby sun coral too...

The tank is looking great..!!

Mavjoy

RM and alphasierra- thanks guys, me and my GF will be feeding it every other day:yup: . My dendro is still a favorite of my GF but she likes the Sun coral too.
I really want to set up the skimmer today 'cause of all the increase feeding of the whole tank. I changed the filter pads more often now(every 2-3 days) compare to 4-5 days before the spot feeding...hehe. Between me and my GF, we used to spot feed everyday. I told her to just do it every other day to avoid the risk of having bad water parms. WC is still done every week.