June 2010 POTM Contest!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:D It's photo contest time again so start uploading your photos!

June's contest theme will be "close-up fish photos"! Close-up photos taken of any fish in your aquarium!

This month's contest is sponsored by Eric. Thank you Eric! :thumbup: The winner will receive a new Refractometer model RHS-10ATC :bouncer:

Please review the entry regulations below and have fun!!
Rules:
1) ONE photo per contestant,
2) No heavily photoshopped photos are allowed. The photos should be as raw/normal/untouched as possible. Minimal editing such as cropping, brightness/contrast adjustments, and resizing are acceptable.
3) Photo subject matter must be from the member's tank (or household tank).
4) Photos that have previously won any other contest are not allowed,
5) Photos MUST be uploaded to the June 2010 POTM gallery by midnight (EST) May 31st.
Sorry, no moderators allowed to participate in this contest.

A voting poll for all uploaded photos will be available June 1st and will remain open through the 10th.

NOTE:
Only photos uploaded into the photo gallery will be included in the voting poll!
June 2010 POTM gallery

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I decided to sweeten the pot a little, along with the refractometer the winner will receive a Milwaukee PH600 Digital pH pocket Tester.

Pics of the prizes

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTItMjAxMDA1MTgtMDA0N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTMtMjAxMDA1MTgtMDA0N.jpg

ph600_pk_single.jpg

Good Luck!!!

Last edited:
My first Seahorse, Colt. Rest his little pony soul :( He passed away after refusing to eat when his mate died from a Vibrio infection. This photo has also appeared in the ThatPetPlace Catalog.
P5190047.jpg

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Does that fish place still hook you up when they use your photos?

I thought the gift certificates were a nice bonus to having your picture displayed in the catalog :) I personally never submited a photo for consideration but a friend of mine did and they hooked him up pretty decent.

Anyways, Great pics everyone :)

Does that fish place still hook you up when they use your photos?

I thought the gift certificates were a nice bonus to having your picture displayed in the catalog :) I personally never submited a photo for consideration but a friend of mine did and they hooked him up pretty decent.

Anyways, Great pics everyone :)

I was so mad because I was under the impression that if you get in the magazine, you get a gift card but they only ended up giving one person who got in it the gift card lol. That someone was not me. That was a bummer.:smack: It was still pretty exciting to have my pony in the magazine anyways.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
In case you missed it I edited my first post and added a second prize :)

Lets see those pics :D

SecretAgent

SailfinNRockBeauty.jpg

Hey, dont laugh...its the first attempt at this....after snapping over 200 times in that tank, me and the fish called it quits with this one.

DanSReef

This is my first submission to this contest…..

4618633774_e029b4f319_b.jpg

This is our Copper Banded Butterfly. He just relocated into my new 75 gal bow front reef…. He has tremendous personality…. and leaves all corals alone….thus far. After numerous photos….. I liked this one because he just kind of hangs there… next to the reefscape we are developing with mushrooms, a toadstool and red Montipora frag.

tnwillia

Here's mine, My BSJF yawns many times a day or at least it looks that way. When he opens up he doubles the size of his head.

IMG_0254.jpg

seafansar

I think my CBB was getting tired of me following him back and forth across the tank! :fishy: But I did manage to get a couple close ups that weren't blurry.

P5180348.jpg

I thought this one was cool too.
P5180358.jpg

SecretAgent

Yes, I agree....first pic is cool....looks like your fish is in space....check out the rock, looks like a moon rock....Pretty cool I think....All you need to do is superimpose a space suit on the fish and you got a fish in space...=)