June 14, 2006

Cartman89

Well thanks for all the great comments everyone! I went to go feed her today about 5mins ago. She bit the food but didn't swallow it. I will try tonight and see how it goes. BTW, the shark is a girl. Her name is Mako because I like the sound of that and the Mako Shark is one of my favorite sharks. She loves to dig! I'll try to get some pics today if I can.

Cartman89

:bugout: :smck: . Wow, did I just say the shark was a female?? Well I just notice 2 very very VERY small calspers on the shark (I mean small!) when he was up against the glass. Looks like I have a male. The lil guys name will still be Mako.

Cartman89

Well little Mako ate 2 pieces of squid last night:whstlr: !! He was easier to get to eat then my lion. I have some more pics of him.

aq016.jpg

aq014.jpg

aq017.jpg

Cartman89

billyr98 said:
are they in a reef tank or another tank by themselves?
Not sure what you mean. If you mean is he in a reef tank or tank just by himself he's in neither. He is in a tank with a few rocks on each side of the tank, the middle section is open. He's in a FOWLR tank.

Cartman89

No, a 55 gal is NOT ok for this shark. A minimum tank size I would say is 200gal. I have mine in a 125gal but it's not for his whole life, just a year.