Johns first coral adventure RSR 425xl

chickenjohn

Personally I believe Apex is expensive but after the hard lesson I got, it is way cheaper than my livestock.

Buy the Apex man.
After your unfortunate incident I am looking at a controller but I just cant get past the way apex treat the UK market so im gathering as much info as I can about GHL

chickenjohn

So done another test this morning and its good to go with the fish.
Will be putting in the valentini puffer and magnificent foxface sometime this afternoon and then pop down to lfs and see what fish are in.
Clean out the qt and fill it with fresh water so its ready for the new fish to go in.
Im getting a purple firefish to go in qt next, I did look at getting a helfrichi firefish but I think the purple has better colouring imo.
Its time also to concentrate seriously on getting water params stable for sps, I don't want to spend £100 on a coral only to find its white in the next day.

chickenjohn

Yesterday was a bit manic so didn't have time to transfer fish into dt but managed to get to lfs and order a purple firefish, which will be here on Wednesday/Thursday.
After picking my brain up and put it back together after it exploded I have decided to get a profilux 4e which I will order this evening after I come back from a day out at the seaside, going to Skegness for the day.

Pancho75

Yesterday was a bit manic so didn't have time to transfer fish into dt but managed to get to lfs and order a purple firefish, which will be here on Wednesday/Thursday.
After picking my brain up and put it back together after it exploded I have decided to get a profilux 4e which I will order this evening after I come back from a day out at the seaside, going to Skegness for the day.
Educate us, what includes the Profilux 4e?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chickenjohn

Educate us, what includes the Profilux 4e?
Evertthing as the profilux 4 except s-ports and 2 probes, salinity and redox and I don't need any of them so no point paying for the 4. Everything else is the same.
Its the same as apex and apex el, the only difference I think is 2 probes less in the el version
Ive just ordered it and the leak detection things aswell so gonna be busy at work this week so will play with it at the weekend, so if you hear a man crying and screaming in the distance that's probably me.

chickenjohn

Had a lovely day at the seaside today, prawns, cockles, and mussels for breakfast, followed by fish and chips for dinner, tried to keep the seafood thing going all day but wasn't really hungry come tea time, then we found a salad bar and going with the seafood day I had a tuna salad.
Weather was not too bad, had a bit of rain but nothing us Brits cant handle,

chickenjohn

I forgot to mention the other day, I went to a fish shop which is about 45 minute drive from me in Bawtry last weekend just to kill an hour or two and he had some lovely fish including a fully coloured Queen Angel, it was absolutey stunning but why I mention this is I also saw a Black Longnose Sailfin Tang for sale and I looked at it and thought what a boring fish, and didn't give it a second glance until I saw the price, and I thought it was mis-typed so I asked Joe the manager if it was the right price and he said it was.
It was £1299, which I think is about $1650, I couldn't believe how a boring plain fish like this could command a price like that when a Queen Angel was a tenth of the price.

Pancho75

Evertthing as the profilux 4 except s-ports and 2 probes, salinity and redox and I don't need any of them so no point paying for the 4. Everything else is the same.
Its the same as apex and apex el, the only difference I think is 2 probes less in the el version
Ive just ordered it and the leak detection things aswell so gonna be busy at work this week so will play with it at the weekend, so if you hear a man crying and screaming in the distance that's probably me.
lol [emoji1787]
It sounds like you will have good weekend to me.
Had a lovely day at the seaside today, prawns, cockles, and mussels for breakfast, followed by fish and chips for dinner, tried to keep the seafood thing going all day but wasn't really hungry come tea time, then we found a salad bar and going with the seafood day I had a tuna salad.
Weather was not too bad, had a bit of rain but nothing us Brits cant handle,
Good to know you are having fun time. summer is about to be gone and we have to take every chance we have.
I forgot to mention the other day, I went to a fish shop which is about 45 minute drive from me in Bawtry last weekend just to kill an hour or two and he had some lovely fish including a fully coloured Queen Angel, it was absolutey stunning but why I mention this is I also saw a Black Longnose Sailfin Tang for sale and I looked at it and thought what a boring fish, and didn't give it a second glance until I saw the price, and I thought it was mis-typed so I asked Joe the manager if it was the right price and he said it was.
It was £1299, which I think is about $1650, I couldn't believe how a boring plain fish like this could command a price like that when a Queen Angel was a tenth of the price.
I do not think I will ever use that kind of money in a single fish but I think the reason is because I do not have that much money! lol

People with more financial resources may look at this as small change...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobbygas

Over the years ive come to the conclusion that keeping fish is the same as having a woman, you cant have either and money at the same time.
Like the bit of advice given to me by my late Dad 45 years ago, "If it's got tits or wheels, it'll cost you money and give you problems!".

Replace the wheels for fish to modernize :)

No offence intended to any Ladies reading this.