JJ's Photography Showcase

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
For those that know me, you know my photography skills are not the greatest, but I have been inspired by a fellow member on here who is tutoring me on photography. I am inspired and thought why not start a photo thread. Every time I take pics I'm going to try to take some special ones just for this thread.

I don't want to limit this to just me so if you have a coral that you received from me and have a nice picture of it, feel free to post it here :D
Lets have fun with this!

gxggex19.jpg

gxggex9.jpg

gxggex12.jpg

wscttwolfe

how do you guys get those great close up when i try all i get is blurrrrr

lens close to subject as possible given the focal length of the lens, and a wide open aperture (i.e. f5.6, f4, f2.8, etc.). the blur you're talking about is the depth of field of the image. a very unfocused background and foreground with a small portion of the subject in focus is said to have a very shallow depth of field

Hey tommyboy,

I currently shoot a bunch of different cameras, but these are mostly Canon 5D MkIII.
I shoot RAW and process in either Lightroom or Aperture (mostly Lightroom lately).

lens close to subject as possible given the focal length of the lens, and a wide open aperture (i.e. f5.6, f4, f2.8, etc.). the blur you're talking about is the depth of field of the image. a very unfocused background and foreground with a small portion of the subject in focus is said to have a very shallow depth of field

Thanks wscttwolf didn't understand a word you said well typed LOL.we have a Fuji s700 it has a 10 x optical f=6.3-63mm 46 mm lens well that's whats on the lens is that any good for taking pics in tank?

BLADEYAMAHA

Sweet!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Wow dude! You've been practicing huh. What a great place to showcase all your great corals!

..........rarely am I speechless

Roots

Wow! Some really sweet photography! Excellent thread, I'm going to enjoy all the eye candy even if I can't contribute. I can't seem to get pics remotely as good as that with my current camera.