JJ's BIG - 125 gallon Upgrade

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
So I went to my LFS to see about used calc reactors. He had a pair of them.

tnk373.jpg

So I asked him how much. He said $120 for the pair. I know they are missing all kinds of stuff to get them to work. So who is an expert on reactors to help me get one of these going?

tnk371.jpg

tnk372.jpg

catran

Not me, wish I could help.,.
You do owe us a close-up pic of the porcelain crab in that nem though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yankieman

I dont have a clue but I cant wait till you get one running and let us know how its working and the diference it makes,,, good luck im sure someone will clue you in,, I do know you will probably need a co2 tank and gauges and probably a ph monitor but im sure you had that much figured out lol

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Not me, wish I could help.,.
You do owe us a close-up pic of the porcelain crab in that nem though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Cat that's my little icon under my name.

Anyway yeah I know I need a tank, regulator and ph probe of some sort but it would be nice to find somebody in the know on these things to help out so I make sure I get the good stuff. I'm going to try to hook up the korallin and the extra is, well just extra. It's funny the extra one is even new, but it appears to be an in sump one, and since I'm outta room I'm going to go with the other one.

crespeto

The display looks great, my wife has a rock here and there all over the tank that she envisions covered in one or 2 colors of zoa/palys. Should look really cool when it grows out. I don't know anything about reactors, but good luck getting them setup.

crespeto

so just curious, you spent $120 for this stuff and you need another $200 in stuff to get them working, did you actually save anything by doing it this way instead of just buying a whole calcium reactor setup. Enjoy the shopping for the new stuff and glad you found some good instructions. Thanks for sharing the link as well.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
so just curious, you spent $120 for this stuff and you need another $200 in stuff to get them working, did you actually save anything by doing it this way instead of just buying a whole calcium reactor setup. Enjoy the shopping for the new stuff and glad you found some good instructions. Thanks for sharing the link as well.

Calc reactor with all the goods, about $700. Bought 2 reactors for $120, add about $200 for the regulator, controller, and stuff and I'm still up about $380 plus I have a reactor to sell when somebody needs one.

Uslanja

Hi jj! Frag tank is looking awesome and we're looking forward to seeing you getting one of those reactors going!! Those turtle pictures from your vacation are incredible..... they don't even look real. You guys must have had one very cool vacation!

catran

Great job on the savings there. Yep, you are the man!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Well if anybody needs a reactor, you know where to come. The extra one is bran spanking new.

And the turtles, yes that is awesome swimming with the turtles. There are normally 10-15 around when you swim with them and feed them fish to keep them around. It's a great experience.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
So who can tell me about Psammocora? I hope it's as nice in person as pictured online. This one will soon be coming to my home:

tnk389.jpg