Jeremy's RS 130

neck27

I'm about 8 months into salt water. Started with an old Oceanic Biocube 29 until I went on vacation and the tank crashed. The tank was leaking so I jumped at the chance to upgrade to a RS 130...or at least I think it's a RS 130. How do I tell?

I working on the sump area. I removed a very old failing apart mechanical sponge and installed an intank media basket with filter floss, Purigen, and Chemipure blue. For now I'm running my trusty
AquaticLife Internal Mini Protein Skimmer 115. It has some mismatched LED lighting. Current Marine pro LED and two Ecoxotic light strips. 1 RGB. Upgrading that to a Rapid LED kit or maybe the AI Prime. Really like the AI prime but the hood has to stay on as my wife likes the clean look. 10981959_1015843478450226_2124130089706906071_n.jpg

One project I plan to approach...I live in Arizona and the tank gets a bit warm. I'm hoping to reconnect the hood fans as they were disconnected when the LED's were installed. Anyone know the size of fans? Suggested mod for this?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Cheers for starting a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

One easy way to tell if you have a RSM 130 or a RSM 130D (deluxe) is ... if there a water level window on the left side, it's a D model, it's just out of the pic, but I think I see "no display skimmer cup" , so that would be the 130 model.