Jeremy's 90 Gallon Build Mayhem!!

Jeremy0322

Alight, time for a little update. Nothing new has really happened, we have been on standby waiting for this new RO unit to come in, which will either be here today or tomorrow, its about 100 miles south of me right now being processed. The lighting decision is still up in the air, go figure, and other than that nothing else is happening. This RO unit is really holding up progress...that and midterms in college :smack:

Jeremy0322

Looked at the tank again tonight and there are white blotches on the purple tang, look bigger than ich spots, I dont know what these are, maybe velvet, maybe it was just strange because it was dark and they get lighting in the darkness, who knows. Ill look again tomorrow and see what happens, the salinity has been at 1.009 now for over a week, if there are still spots whats going on with that...hmm. If they dont go away in about a week I will be bringing the salinity back up and doing copper, from what I have read that seems much more straight forward and easier, not to mention a little quicker.

Craig Manoukian

Copper in a QT/hospital tank only as it will kill your biofauna, aka denitrifying bacteria on LR and in sand bed. Identify the pathogen and treat with proper medication or fresh water dip. Research and proceed dood.

Jeremy0322

I will post a pic up later, it looks like ich but seems to be somewhat larger, they are still there this morning, I dont really know what it is. Its going to be hard getting a good pic, my camera sucks and she is fast. Breathing is normal, still is eating like normal, its strange.

Craig - I never do anything without researching, I dont like getting in over my head :thumbup: The fish are already in a QT tank because the hypo kills that stuff too, so i took out all the rock and most of the sand, left some in there for the sand sifting goby who jumped out a few days afterwards...so that will all be taken out aswell.

Jeremy0322

This is what im talking about. The glass is kind of dirty and not all of the spots are on the fish, i circled the ones that are, they should be the bigger ones in the picture.

CIMG6031.jpg

Is that ick, or maybe velvet? I dont know, its not an isopod, it looks like its under the skin, and the yellow tang had it before he left, one of the clowns showed symptoms for like 2 days, and then it was good.

Jeremy0322

RO unit is operational, making water and everything! I tasted the first water that came out of the good water line, and it had a small metallic taste to it, but I dont know if that was from me chewing on a piece of plastic pipe, or if its just flushing the unit, they say to waste the first 10-20 gallons and go from there.

rlcline76

Looked at the tank again tonight and there are white blotches on the purple tang, look bigger than ich spots, I dont know what these are, maybe velvet, maybe it was just strange because it was dark and they get lighting in the darkness, who knows. Ill look again tomorrow and see what happens, the salinity has been at 1.009 now for over a week, if there are still spots whats going on with that...hmm. If they dont go away in about a week I will be bringing the salinity back up and doing copper, from what I have read that seems much more straight forward and easier, not to mention a little quicker.

Tangs are sensitive. I actually asked around about shtuff like this before. Since the fish is already in QT doing a hypo treatment, make sure you test your parameters, particularly ammonia and feed well...veggies soaked in selcon and garlic.

Jeremy0322

Tangs are sensitive. I actually asked around about shtuff like this before. Since the fish is already in QT doing a hypo treatment, make sure you test your parameters, particularly ammonia and feed well...veggies soaked in selcon and garlic.

Been feeding mysis every day soaked in Zoe, Selcon, and Garlic, as well as half an algae sheet every day. Ammonia is extrememly low, trates are at 5, and ph is at 8.0.

In other news, there is FINALLY WATER IN THE 90!!! Its only 5 gallons, but atleast its wet!!

Jeremy0322

Now there is 10 gallons in the 90, this is going to take FOREVER....:evileye:

Schedule for next 48 hours.
-Not sleeping tonight, studying and writing paper.
-Empty 5 more gallons into tank around 9am
-Test at 9:30
-Paper til 3
-5 gallon deposit
-Class til 4:30
-home to sleep for a little
-5 gallon deposit followed by aquascaping and pouring sand in.
-Finding something larger than a 5 gallon bucket to use for this....lol.