Jeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeee!!

razorvines

So lately the theme to my life has been, if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. The theme continued early this morning, when we heard a loud crash and the sound of water splashing everywhere. I don't know how or why, but my 24 Nano decided it couldn't hold the water any longer. :cry1: Somehow all the two clowns and two of the three damsels managed to stay in the tank. The bad thing is that I can't find the damsel that washed out.

nano2.jpg

nano1.jpg

razorvines

I am just glad it happened now instead of a week from now when we are going to be in Key West. That would have been a nasty mess to come home to.

lcstorc

What on earth happened?
That is so freaky. Now I am scared half to death.
Sorry about your missing fishy. Glad to hear the others made it though.

razorvines

I have NO idea. I have had it for about 4 months now. The only thing I can figure is that someone bumped it or something just enough to put a stress crack in it and it couldn't hold any longer.

BarbMazz

Oh, that is just AWFUL! I'm so sorry this happened to you.... I'm going to go over my own JBJ cube with a fine tooth comb!

Definitely contact them and send them these pictures. I don't think this should be happening to a four month old tank.

Good luck getting everything cleaned up.

Sorry about the tank. Glad to hear most of the fish made it! Luckily it was on tile floor... i have hard wood flooring... nightmares...

Reddog170

Man that is what the next Stephen King book should be about, when tanks go bad. I always worry about what would happen if someone acidently bumped a tank wrong or a rock slipped. Hope you get things back to norm quick and best of luck. Shaun

razorvines

Well I bought it used from an individual, so not really anything I can take back to JBJ. I couldn't see any imperfections in it, so it has me scratching my head.

BigJay

by looking at the crack it looks like it originated right at the rim. A glass crack will travel down like that then it eventually will find its way back hence the teardrop shape. I'd look right there at the rim for reasons to why it happened. It could have been knicked at the factory but your right buying it second hand means there is little you can do but it wouldn't hurt to show the pick to JBJ and see what happens.

razorvines

by looking at the crack it looks like it originated right at the rim. A glass crack will travel down like that then it eventually will find its way back hence the teardrop shape. I'd look right there at the rim for reasons to why it happened. It could have been knicked at the factory but your right buying it second hand means there is little you can do but it wouldn't hurt to show the pick to JBJ and see what happens.

Yeah I think I will give it a try. I found someone in the area that has a 24 aquapod without a stand. Does anyone know if they are the same dimensions as the JBJ? It looks almost exactly the same.

Frankie

RS STAFF
That just stinks man!
Personally I would stay clear of all the plug and play tanks. Get yourself a regular tank and add a sump. you could use that lighting package from the broken tank to light up a refugium pretty well and expand your experience.

razorvines

That just stinks man!
Personally I would stay clear of all the plug and play tanks. Get yourself a regular tank and add a sump. you could use that lighting package from the broken tank to light up a refugium pretty well and expand your experience.

That's a good idea for using the hood. I have a pair of clowns that I have to do something with. I have a 125, 75, 10, and 5 gallon tank left, so another regular tank is probably out of the question.