Jebao wp40 review

StirCrayzy

Ive seen a couple vids here and there, and the wave action is EXCELLENT.
It seems the product follows through on its claims, and is very strong and tunable.
That being said, many reefers (myself included) hangup is with the quality and reliability being unproven.
Its not a company known for high quality product.
There are quite a few threads to read on this topic, seems to be the hot topic lately

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
My local forum tried it and the night sensor failed in 2 weeks. They are shipping a new one but I wouldn't want one. they say its more like a Tunze than a Ecotech

degibson84

I have ordered one for my 220 build. I also will be running it on a variable power supply to control the voltage down a little so the water doesn't slosh out of the tank. For $85 I will take the risk

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I have ordered one for my 220 build. I also will be running it on a variable power supply to control the voltage down a little so the water doesn't slosh out of the tank. For $85 I will take the risk

So, just one pump for your 220g? Do you have other pumps running, or will this be your only one?

degibson84

So, just one pump for your 220g? Do you have other pumps running, or will this be your only one?
Well i will have my return pump. But the Jebao is 4300gph at full force and based on the videos I have seen i think i might be ok. I do have a ton of Koralia pumps that i could add in from my 75

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Well i will have my return pump. But the Jebao is 4300gph at full force and based on the videos I have seen i think i might be ok. I do have a ton of Koralia pumps that i could add in from my 75

Oh... I thought it was 13000LPH or 3434GPH.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
It just gets me thinking about my 90 gallon... would one be enough or should I have two? The YouTube video I linked shows two in the tank. I can always get a converter to slow the flow down. Probably will get two. Maybe.

degibson84

i would think one would be fine. I have seen videos of one in a 6ft tank that produced a wave of 1 1/8 inch. i wouldn't want the wave going over the rim of the tank.

that first video is of my tank. Ive had it running all day since the 2nd of March. Only issue I had was the night sensor. I did however order a LED dimmer for $5.99 on ebay so slow it down a bit.

bhazard

I replaced two MP40s with two of these pumps. They are the real deal, and I like them even more than the MP40s. They are much quieter even at full blast, and are dead silent under 70% intensity. I've also modded them to sync with my Apex, and they come with a mode on the controller unit called "ELSE" mode that mimics a Vortech Reef Crest mode. The kicker is the price... $104. I sold off my MP40s and gained back $600+ for stronger random flow.

Here are some vids in my 125. 2 pumps are so strong on a wave mode at 100%, that it can throw water over the sides. I run in at 68% max in else mode.

2 Jebao WP-40 pumps synced by apex on a 125 gallon - YouTube

2 Jebao WP-40 at 100% synched on Apex. - YouTube

Jebao WP-40 Left "ELSE" Right "Apex wave" - YouTube

rabucazz

Excuse my ignorance, but I am not getting the difference between the modes W2, W3 and ELSE. The instructions are not the best one around. Can anyone explain?

Thanks in advance!

PIMPALA

Even if its "more flow" and obviously quieter because the motor is inside the tank, I dont see how its a direct replacement for a MPx. Its just a cheap powerhead with a cheap controller attached. Replacement for Koralia, or tunze? maybe. replacement for vortech? no thank you. I'd rather have the propeller inside my tank only, and have the clean look. I'll stick with my Ecotech products with the quality, and customer support... along with a proven track record in this industry. Not a company who constantly makes failures in damn near everything they do.

PIMPALA

Although... there is quite obviously a market for it. Ecotech doesnt market to people who need an $80 powerhead. They aim for the people who want the best of everything for their tanks. Not everyone can drop $1,000+ for a pair of powerheads, and I completely understand that.