JBJ Nano Cubes/Aquatic-Store.com

catran

I loved the MH bulb that came with my Nano Cube. It was very white, but it I had such great growth with it that I spent extra money to add Stunner Strips to add blue for showing off my cool zoas. When it needed to be replaced, I ordered another brand bulb with a large order, but didn't like the look. It was yellow/greenish.

So, I decided to order the original MH bulb directly from JBJ. I placed the order for the bulb and a couple of wood air stone pkgs on August 24th. The next day, I received an order confirmation, but never heard from them again. My order confirmations said my shipping method was "Ground", but they didn't include a tracking number. I didn't receive a shipping notification, but thought i'd get the stuff shipped anyway. So far, nothing! No shipping company is that slow. I emailed twice and then decided to call them by phone today. I got a message telling me to email them because the voicemail didn't accept messages. They've got my $60 and I have nothing! I don't normally trash vendors, but the lack of response really has me frustrated and totally
po'd!

Any suggestions?

I love reefers...

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I've never dealt with them but they don't answer emails or the phone, that just plain sucks. You send them my way and I'll teach them a little about customer service, then I'll kick rear ends. Nobody messes with Cat and gets away with it!

catran

Hahaha! Thanks dude, I just want my bulb!
I'm going to call Reefgeek for my bulb in a minute. I SHOULD have ordered from them in the first place. They were awesome when I ordered my T5's.

I love reefers...

catran

No, I didn't see them on our Sponsor list. I would have pm'd them there if I could have...

I love reefers...

catran

Yeah, all I want is a bulb.

Anyone know what's a VERY WHITE 150 W Metal Halide (double ended) bulb? The one I had was 14000k.
Hamilton was recommended to me. Any others?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Wish I could help ya cat. Sorry bout the run around.

..........rarely am I speechless

JBJ Nano Cubes/Aquatic-Store.com is not the JBJ company, they pay to use the name. We are direct with them and they were selling stuff under MAP and when I complained she explained everything to me. I dont know if I can get you the bulb you need however I can try. Let me know.

catran

That would be awesome if you could, they have my money. I was considering the bank to get my money back, but I would prefer the bulb and 2 pkgs of wood airstones.
Thanks for helping!!!
Cat

catran

I ended up filing a dispute with PayPal (thank goodness I used it), and received a refund in about 1-1/2 weeks.
I won't even think of using this vendor again!

Sent from my iPhone 5!
I love reefers....

Cyclist

jbjlighting.com is just as bad. One of their re-sellers aquarium-supply.biz is just as bad also. Would advise from my experiences with them, that your better off going else where and steering clear of JBJ products.

JoeCanada11

Why is are they allowed to sell under MAP. The lfS that I work at has a direct account with JBJ and I noticed they were selling lower than MAP

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Why is are they allowed to sell under MAP. The lfS that I work at has a direct account with JBJ and I noticed they were selling lower than MAP

That's a HORRIBLE thing for them to do... it's screwing their retailers over. I refuse to do any business with a company that behaves like that.

I use to order direct from JBJ and i found them and told them I didnt appreciate them allowing someone to a. use their name b. sell under map. Their reply was they paid to use the name but were not to be selling under map. At that time i had a $2500 order pending with JBJ. I advised them until their prices changed I would not place that order. Needless to say they never fixed it and so they never got my money.