JBJ Auto Top Off

Okay, I would like to hear from people who have these units and what pros/cons they have? I'm getting a new Sunpod light unit for my BC29 and am sure the evaporation will increase even though the tank will be topless and I'm not sure I want to manually top off every day. I've seen these units for about $70 and just wondered how they work and how hard are they to setup (also, which chamber would you install it in a BC29 and why)?

brooks93

I use one on my 90 for about 4 months and have had zero issues with it.

I would put the water line in the second chamber so you don't get the air bubbles when its activates if it was in the third.

Snelly40

i agree, they are a nice unit!
i use one and it is so much better than manually topping off and it prevents fluzuations in salinity. ALso, i use mine with Kalk so it maintains calcium too, YAHTZEE!!!!

i do havce mine in the third chamber and if i dont replenish my top off water i do get bubbles and it makes me mad so if u do have a nother place you can put yours i would recomend it

Wolfgang8810

i have a 24 gallon aquapod with a 150 watt HQI sunpod overtop and i only have to put in 1 gallon of water a week from the evaporation

which chamber would you install the ATO in though? I have a Tunze 9002 skimmer in the 2nd chamber, could you install the ATO in that chamber as well?