James' RSM250 Thread

jim891217

got the tunze osmolator and replace two of the stock 10000k bulbs with one gisseman blue and a pink/purple.
now the color is way better than before..
however, the Tunze is giving me some hard time as the optic sensor could only detect the water is low and it wont stop filling once the pump is on, nearly flood my apartment....
got two open brain today, pictures comin.

jim891217

as i was posting last thread...one of my clown which i purchased 3 weeks ago suddenly lost it's original colour and blowing away by my powerhead..
man...hope i don't lose that fish...
maybe brooklynella???? is my other clown gonna be alright?

jim891217

jim891217

i added more sand in last night and re do the rockwork...
it seems that i need more corals...
I also changed two of the original white bulb to one blue one and a purple one, the coloration of the coral is significantly better.
3606930313445.jpg

jim891217

got the MP40w, like what others said, its worth every penny, plus i got it for CAD$460 including tax from my LFS
6768685663_8c9d0c5a47_b.jpg

New FTS..got a bird nest coral from LFS just to try how does SPS corals doing in my tank..
6768686773_0bc07499f2_b.jpg

i also changed the stock carbon to CPE and Rowa phosphate remover..
pics of my huge open brain..
6768687849_70401a05fe_b.jpg

got another false perc clown fish, it's been two weeks and it's doing perfect.
6768688769_24655342a7_b.jpg

I bought some new life spectrum marine pellet and it seems that my fish doesnt like it..they prefer frozen mysis way better..
what should i do? starve them for several days and feed the pellet?

bjasontoups

replace two of the stock 10000k bulbs with one gisseman blue and a pink/purple.
now the color is way better than before.

Great looking rock arch, new lights and Tank. What made you pick the two new light colors? I don't like the stock lights in my RSM and your pictures look more what I want.

Thanks J

jim891217

Great looking rock arch, new lights and Tank. What made you pick the two new light colors? I don't like the stock lights in my RSM and your pictures look more what I want.

Thanks J
i did some research on the forum and tons of people recommend 3 blue + 1 white + 1 actinic + 1 purple/pink bulb..
when i was using the stock light, the color of the corals fade away but they grow faster maybe due to lower Kelvin value.
I was about to choose the ATI bulbs but they are hard to find in Canada so i just went with Gisseman..
if ur bulbs are relatively new, then just change 2 white one with one blue+ 1 pink.
if u r planning to change all the bulbs at once, u can go with what Glenn recommend here: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/68665-36-6x39w-lights-t5-recommendations.html