Jaebo wp40 or wp25 in RSM250

brobertson89

Just wondering what people have? I bought a Jaebo wp40 and it seems too powerful in the fact that even on the lowest setting it moves the substrate in less than 24 hours

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
From what I've heard on hear, the WP25 is more appropriate for the 250.

Welcome to RS! Start a tank thread so we can follow your journey!! :swmfish:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

a vortech mp10 here (two imo would be idea) ... have read some reviews of the jaebo's being a value, love my vortech

Wolffman64

Yep, agree. I have a wp-25 in the 250 and it's powerful enough. I have a wp-40 in my 500, and it still moves the substrate, so I can only imagine what it would do in a 250.

Really great pumps though, very quiet, good settings and excellent value for money. I paid 1or 2 dollars for extra impellers....

brobertson89

Yep, agree. I have a wp-25 in the 250 and it's powerful enough. I have a wp-40 in my 500, and it still moves the substrate, so I can only imagine what it would do in a 250.

Really great pumps though, very quiet, good settings and excellent value for money. I paid 1or 2 dollars for extra impellers....

what kind of setting do you have yours on and what speed? also what position do you have it facing?

Wolffman64

what kind of setting do you have yours on and what speed? also what position do you have it facing?

I have now dismantled the 250 and the wp-25, but I was using the "else" setting in the 250, and it was facing lengthwise in the tank, slightly turned upwards to increase surface agitation.

In the 500, the wp-40 is set to w1 with the strongest flow and the longest pulse for a great wave along the tank.