It's spring time, let's see some OT pics...

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Dang, shooting bugs is hard!!! When you go hunting them you can't find them, and when you don't have your cam...your swarmed by them :D

I took 4 pics of this little guy and this was the best one, too bad there is a shadow on most of his body, I blew out his nose, and I couldn't get the eyes in focus...

Bug's Life
DSCF0770.jpg

Here there be Dragons!
DSCF0774.jpg

Another
DSCF0775.jpg

Hope you enjoyed looking at them as much as I enjoyed taking them ;)

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Holy cow, Kevin you are so very talented!! The last picture is my absolute favorite - stunning!

drdrew

kevin...great attempt! have you seen all the apparatus the bug photo guys use? it's amazing...tripods, reflectors, wind shields...i don't know how they get the bug to stay still for all of it.! I think they must drug the little guys or something...
what lense did you use for those shots? did you tripod and flash or handhold? awesome! this is much much much harder than kevin makes it look!

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Thanks doc!! I used a +4 close up lens, camera was handheld, no other equipment.

First pic...
1/500
f/4.5
ISO 200
focal length 34mm (not sure how accurate that is when you consider the diopter)

Second pic...
1/500
f/4.5
ISO 200
focal length 46.8mm

Third pic...
1/500
f/4.5
ISO 200
focal length 29mm

drdrew

alright....my try at bugs today...mind you i had a 2 and a 4 year old with me chasing the bugs around...but enough excuses...

is this thread still alive?

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Very nice!!! You really nailed that last one. I went bug hunting this afternoon when I got home from work also. I only had about 5 pics left on the card, but I was able to come up with one.

deanerk

I'm an amatuer compared to you guys, but here are a couple shots I took last weekend. I'm so happy to now have a camera with a decent macro mode!