Issues with RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimeluiz

Lurking around for all ten pages I want to appreciate tankgirl (you go grrl), Travis, Teri and the great aside clearing the NR gang air.

I'm confident folks are still participating elsewhere on the forum.

Keep the faith!

fidojoe

Fish Addict
K, I just spent over 2 hours reading all 10 pages (gimme a break, I read slow :D), what a waste of time...but, while I'm at it, I have something to say-
I like to have some fun every once in a while, and as (I would hope) everyone else does. I am known by some of my friends to have a sick, twisted sense of humor (I laughed during Titanic when the guy fell off the back of the boat and hit the propeller). I am only 17, but have heard everything nasty, gross, rude, you name it, I've probably heard it from either my dad, one of my uncles, or from one of their friends, and have probably heard it before I was 15, so little offends me, and I actually think a lot of it is funny. I also know that the younger people today are exposed to more of these types of things, more than most adults know. Basically what I'm getting at is that I may think something is hilarious, while you think its totaly out of line, I agree with something that you don't, we are all different. I don't think stuff should be edited out for being too funny for a reefing forum, or if someone doesn't like it, if that happens, it starts to get monotonous, and extremely boring, then I lose ineterst, and stop reading, and don't learn anything new/helpful. If it offends the hell out of you, so be it, don't read it, not one is forcing it in your face. I'm not saying run wild and talk in detail about body parts, and how they are used, and constant cursing and every other word, and stuff like that, people just need to know how to use self control. JMHO.

Dennis7

People can't we all get along.
This board is about reefing. I come here to learn, not to see arguments on why a thread was moved to a different forum. I value everyone on this board. I think how this board is run is fine. Worst things are happening this this world than moving a thread.

reefshadow

Oh, gosh, I hate to see this kind of thing on this site.

I think the parties involved may be reading a little too much into this.

Sheri, please, please, don't leave this site. I think you are one of the most valuable contributers here. Is seems to me that attempts are being made to resolve this, and I think that everyone involved should allow themselves to be placated. I think some of the statements made have been taken personally and out of context. Please don't allow yourself to become so angry over something that is so easily resolved! We need you here!

Is there any possibility that all the mods and administators can have a private dialogue and post your consensus here on how to resolve these issues, followed by 10 more pages of a make up session? I would hate to see this thread degenerate, turn into a brawl with alot of anger and hurt feelings, and then be locked. I think you guys are doing a great job. FWIW, I haven't seen any heavy handed tactics from the mods here, unlike another board I can think of.

Please, just come to an agreement and make up!

Then we can get back to the great job of assisting others with this great hobby, on the best board around.

Peace, Becca :)

wooddood

the wood dude
10 pages so far and i think everyone has done their venting on this subject. i agree with tg on her stand on this matter and i must say i agree with her. if it aint broke dont fix it. but personally i think this has gone far enough and would really like to get back to the purpose of this site REEFKEEPING.

Dingo

Good morning RS! How are we all feeling this morning? It's snowing here and the weather truly is atrocious. Today I was thinking of wasting about 8 hours getting a paycheck, and then I was going to do some important stuff, like my weekly water change. Have a nice day.
:D ;)

RanRoc

The only way to properly handle conflict is to allow both sides of the party to air their feelings. What has happened in this thread is just that. I agree it is part of the growing pains that this site will continue to have. Perhaps modifying the rules as we go along won't be a bad thing. Changes to the rules and flexibility on both sides can be a good thing. Or perhaps I am just posting this just so I can be a part of the history of RS. :)
-RY

Crakeur

after all this commotion, I feel the need to confess that half the nr crew don't even have tanks. We just don't have anything better to do with our lives.

Scooterman

You know people, think back, this is how RAG was going along with being sold, I'd hate this site to become another one of those sites, it is time to shut this thread down.
JMO sorry.

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
I dunno Scott...
All in all this is a good post. I think we are hashing out issues some of us have been wanting to air out for a while now.
'Tis a good thing...

Michael_Lambert

11 pages,

I don't think anything has been worked out? i mean Travis has stated that what was done.. was done correctly! .. I think if anything by Travis moving that thread back was a bad move.. Just because He did agree that what his moderators did was right.. then the goes and moves it back showing the whole world different! ..

The site moderators are picked for a reason.. and Travis and Terri trust there judgment.. I personally think that what was done was done correctly..

If there where Valid reasons to move the thread back then sure.. But you can't sit there and say that this site revolves around one Thread ! and that is what has happened here! Great Robz tank thread had Great images! .. More the reason to put in the correct forum to start getting the traffic there.. Where it should be !.

I think all that has happened now is that, Travis for his reasons moved the thread back to the General forum.. and now anytime a moderator does something someone does not like they are going to go and start a thread and Voice enough Threats and so on as they know that it has happened here.. and they are going to want the same outcome!

We all come here for a reason! To learn and share about the hobby! If people don't like the way a board is run, So be it.. not every one can be pleased.. But for this crap to happen.. Over the reasons it did .. is just plain old Childish!

Playa

This thread has become so popular and so followed that it would be a nice place to market something:)

Joking of course.:)

Please no one say something a few minutes, hours or days later you might regret.

Stay cool and be friendly.

Peace,

Luis

tankgirl

jime, Thank you!!!

Becca, Thanks for your kind words and you're the best!

Thank you, wooddood!

Trav, just for the record, I do like you. As for the histrionics, I think you did your part in contributing to that. But, you did the right thing - the decision to leave pic threads where the thread starter put them.

Tooloud, you obviously think you should be heard and should be able to voice your opinions, but you don't think other people should be able to. I gotta thank you, though, for being so vocal and keeping this thread alive, your drama has certainly been entertaining.

Regardless of all the hoopla, Rob's thread was singled out of many similar threads. That may have been just a poor choice or just chance, but it WAS singled out. That fact was the reason for this thread. I spent 14 hours online yesterday, making certain that my point got made and seen. It would have all gone away if, instead of being adversarial, you had just said it was an error and fixed it (which did ultimately happen, thankfully).

Teri & Trav, I'm appalled at the implications of some of your posts. You seem to think that we owe you instead of the other way around. Your greatest asset is us. Regardless of Tooloud's protests, Rob (and his thread) are immensely valuable - if not to you, at least to many of us - guests as well as members. Instead you treat us (at least Rob) like hamburger. Not a single mod or admin has apologized to him. Trav, I already know you don't think you owe him an apology. That's the problem.

Sorry, Luis, I was writing while you posted that, so didn't see it.

Last edited:

ScottT1980

TG, again, I am on no one's side and ultimatly hope that a resolution is found. However, even after reading your explination time and time again, I just don't see the big deal.

It appears that Robz thread was moved to what was percieved to be the proper forum. The thread didn't appear to be singled out for any reason, it just caught a mods attention and thusly was moved. Perhaps you were worried because it remained in the general discussion forum for so long and then suddenly moved?

So your argument is that the thread needed to remain in the general forum for the benefit of all the new members and guests that might be visiting the board. Well, the way I see it, it is far more visible in a photography forum or better yet, in a member tank forum if created so that it doesn't get bogged down by all the other general posts. In fact, it should utlimatly be int he RS greatests hits forum, one that I am certain would strike the interests of most guests/new members.

I guess I just don't see where the hostility came from. I suppose it perpetuated with your perception of the mods/admins attitude with the whole matter. I don't want to sound flippant but at the end of the day, it is a thread on a website. A thread that still remains and will always remain, no matter what forum it is in.

I sort of see a slippery slope here as was alluded to earlier (and I hate the slippery slope argument but I think it is applicable here). What if one of my threads gets moved (and it has happened on numberous occasions), one that I think is very informative, should I then feel that it is my right for that thread to stay in its initial spot? Organization is the only way to archive at a site like this and the mods seemed to do this to the best of their ability.

Just my thoughts...

Take er easy
Scott T.

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Wait a sec...
You seem to think that we owe you instead of the other way around.
I didn't get that from any of their posts. Can you back that up? I just don't see it...
Your greatest asset is us.
Agreed! And I think they (T&T) feel the same way.
Instead you treat us (at least Rob) like hamburger.
Again, I just don't see that. I am not calling you out, I just think that I (and the rest of the board) need solid examples.

TG, you are obviously miffed about something bigger than your original post. Are you holding something back? If it is that important, voice you issue. If it is inappropriate to do so in this thread, send some PMs or emails. Otherwise, people (like myself) are in a grey area where they are left wondering what is really going on.
I think I speak for most when I say that words like 'disappointed' or 'appalled' are pretty strong, if not harsh. Don't think that I am sitting on the fence on this one either. I am still an advocate to your original cause, but so far I fail to see a good reason expend so much time and emotion on said issues as you have.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I agree with Scott 100%. Why does this thread continue?? Why rehash the same thing if it's been addressed? ...(Travis has moved the picture thread back to the General Forums and clearified what the "photography forum" is) .

Everyone has voiced their opinions... now it's just creating more drama and tension.... Let it go already.

Michael_Lambert

Guys and Gals..

I don't know anyone here.. on a personal level.. All i know is that Terri has done Amazing things in helping me years ago over at RAG... and it really bothers me to see what is going on here!

Originally posted by tankgirl

Tooloud, you obviously think you should be heard and should be able to voice your opinions, but you don't think other people should be able to. I gotta thank you, though, for being so vocal and keeping this thread alive, your drama has certainly been entertaining.

I do have a right to be heard... Just as you do for starting this thread! i don't recall saying that someone Else could not voice there opinions.. But you went from voicing your opinions to making accusations about why and who did it! .. You said it yourself you brought this all out into the open forum because you did not think you would get the satisfaction you wanted through Email or Pm's..
As for Keeping it alive. and being Vocal.. That is one thing I'm am.. VERY Vocal.. One of the reason i have been branded the name "Toooloud" , I'm am well known for running my mouth off like a jackass then apologizing later for it.. So far i have no need to do ..

I really truly think that Travis and Terri need to move all the Photo based threads to the photo fourm!.. Where they belong.. its that simple! .. Why should people have to wade through tons of discussion threads.. just to get to see some pictures!

Regardless of Tooloud's protests, Rob (and his thread) are immensely valuable -

I was not and still am not portesting the Value of the thread! .. infact im saying it would be more Valuable in the photo forum to bring more attention to that forum and other threads in said forum.. As for Rob himself.. I don't know the guy! .. So i would not be interested in protesting him!.. Unless there is a need to.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.