Is this normal for new ACRO?

bjasontoups

This is my new Pearlberry Acro that I just received two days ago. I had it at the bottom of the tank in full light and just move him out of direct light today. Some of the tissue is sluffing off and I wanted to know if it is normal to have this happen.
millie.jpg

all water test are WNL.

Thanks J

PIMPALA

nope. usually when an acro does that, its a sign of instant death. i doubt it makes it thru the next 24 hours

PIMPALA

if you chop off one of the stalks on the far left where there is NO white at all, and glue it to a new frag plug, you might be able to save a little of it.

PIMPALA

if it were mine, i'd take those two branches on the left, snip them off, and mount them on new plugs. one horizontal on the plug, one vertical. give them a RX dip, and cross your fingers that one of them makes it.

Badinfo

ya thats what my brother did to his huge tri color colony and saved a lot of his coral. that would be best

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
smell it.....usualy stinks like all heck when the tissue id dying off.

+1 on the snipping

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
if it were mine, i'd take those two branches on the left, snip them off, and mount them on new plugs. one horizontal on the plug, one vertical. give them a RX dip, and cross your fingers that one of them makes it.

Exactly what I'd do. Just move quick it may b too late. It happens so fast.

,....I tend to talk about reefing