Is this healthy? carpet

sunshinejag

OK so i have just gotten this carpet and his mouth well just look at the picture , is he healthy? or am i just paradoid

Attachments

• saltwatertank-001.jpg
    saltwatertank-001.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 126
  • saltwatertank-006.jpg
    saltwatertank-006.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 122

Witfull

that looks basically normal. carpets will do this when expelling waste. if you see white thin striny stuff coming out, then it might be a problem. he also looks a bit pale. what kind of lighting was he under and what kind do you have?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Nice carpet! Hopefully it is just acclimating itself to the tank/lights/fish.... the mouth should NOT stay open like that for long at all but instead should be closed.

sunshinejag

that was actuall all taken with just my flash at night time, so no lights cept moon lights were on, he has only been in the tank 2 days so he still has been expelling waste, there have been white strings but they looked like litterally that too small for intestines i would think. normally he is under 2 65watt actinic and a 250mh.

not bad for just at night with no lights on in the room either if i say so myself

sunshinejag

of course i can , i was just unable to sleep tongiht so i felt like taking lots of pictures and getting myself more pronounced on this site

sunshinejag

Here are some new pictures under full light

Attachments

• anemone1.jpg
    anemone1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 110
  • anemone2.jpg
    anemone2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 112

Jimw369

Looks like a great carpet to me!

On another note...carpets eat fish and are not above a clown fish once in a great while either.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I would do something about the clown for now. Maybe build a cage or use netting over the anemone. Give the anemone time to acclimate to the water.

sunshinejag

Ok so latest update on the carpet is that he now has moved himself to the far corner of the tank, looks much cooler there and much healthier, he might have had too much light on him in the middle, but he has eaten 2 maroon clowns and a clarki clown in the last month, now my false clown and one of the damsels have made it home. still very beautiful

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Yikes! It sounds like the 2 maroon clowns and clarki got a little too close too quickly before their slime coat adapted!
Lets see some new pics of the carpet :)