Is this bad?

CMG

These little tenticle thingys are all over a piece of rock I bought today which has green star polyps on it. I think they maybe baby sea stars but I am not sure. I want to keep this thing acclimating in the bad until I know its safe. Thank you.

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

CMG

Mini Brittle star.
He looks hungry too!
They are good!

Yessssss! :bouncer:
Good news for me. I mean the fact that they are good. It being hungary is not so good...hehe.

What do I feed it, I mean I have always assumed they are just ditrus eaters and if big enough then whatever creatures they can catch are food. I have no idea how big it is, the arms in the picture are only a few centemeters long at about the thickness of a tiny needle. There are about a total of 10 or more legs sticking out all over this rock so I dont know if there are a whole bunch of them or one bigger one.

Last edited:

vdituri

They are detritus eaters.

You could try target feeding them with mysis shrimp or cyclopeeze or whatever the fish are having. :bluenod:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
No need to worry about feeding them. Their numbers will rise and decline in direct proportion to your feeding habits. You over-feed (no no) their numbers will rise in direct proportion. Don't even think about them and they'll be there working diligently for you in the shadows and at night.

GOOD find :)