Is this algae

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Over the past 3 or 4 days I have noticed this white fuzzy stuff growing on my powerheads, overflow box and some of my live rock any ideas what it is and how to get rid of it?

Here is is on the one powerhead
engineer-goby-albums-algae-picture21879-photo-13.JPG

and here it is on the live rock
engineer-goby-albums-algae-picture21878-photo-12.JPG

dmatt88

Looks like a thread algae on my phone

........kill em with kindness "they" always say.

engineer goby

I have to scrub it off with a tooth brush. Tomorrow is water change day I will see how much I can remove then

engineer goby

I tried to remove this stuff but its very difficult. It has grown in select areas and I have no idea why. For about 2 weeks it would grow on my powerheads, I would scrub them clean and within 2 days it would return. It's real thick and sometimes a tooth brush wouldn't get it off I would have to scrap it with my thumb nail. It has grown like a mat on my overflow box and has grown on some live rock but not all. It has also grown on the calcium stem of one of my Hammer corals but it doesn't seem to bother him. It's very slippery and I'm afraid if I don't get it out it may eventually start to harm corals.
engineer-goby-albums-fungus-picture22027-fungus.JPG

engineer-goby-albums-fungus-picture22028-fungus2.JPG

engineer-goby-albums-fungus-picture22029-fungus3.JPG

engineer-goby-albums-fungus-picture22030-fungus4.JPG

engineer-goby-albums-fungus-picture22031-fungus5.JPG

I'm going to use the blade on the Flipper to scrape it off and siphon it out as best I can.

dmatt88

Time should fix it dude. Keep it cleaned up n it'll change to another irritating type of algae

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

lbiminiblue

hey where did you get that powerhead from? Curious cuz i have one that looks just like it, but i imagine there are a million like em. Is it called Sunsun?

steved13

PREMIUM
You might try a turbo grazer snail or 2, they've worked wonders on that "tuff" algae in my tank.

engineer goby

stop bumping and get clicking, pics now damnit!
The last pics in the thread are from yesterday, poop
hey where did you get that powerhead from? Curious cuz i have one that looks just like it, but i imagine there are a million like em. Is it called Sunsun?
got mine from BRS it's a hydor
Now ur talkin. Tap tap tap. Were waiting. Almost patiently.

.........yep. I'm a reefer.[/QUOTE
See abv

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
The last pics in the thread are from yesterday, poop
mysteries reveled! what ya got there believe it or not is Hair Algae growing in conditions not perfect for it lol, are you dosing anything? running gfo? vodka?
poop pictures do work haha