is there anyone out there who hasthis tank

pmac90

a couple of LFS's near me have them. big money! thinking about making one... big that would be big money too. :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I like that tank but it dose have drawbacks:
#1 reason is fish jumping out.
#2 the overflow noise.
I'm sure i could pick this style apart all night but thats not nice. I really do like this system and i am curious if thats a refugium light coming out of the back on the wall or what?
I love the top down view though! not much to say about the water running down the sides like that. The view can't be to clear on the sides and that would make me nuts.
I think my most concern is the fish ending up carpet surfing.

burning2nd

not to mention how the hell do you clean the corners?

looks killer tho,

probly lots of time cleaning glass

dne63

well maybe I'm missing something but I've downloaded the brochure and I can't figure out how the fish would get out and as far as cleaning it seems to be simple

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thats VERY cool, I dont think claaning would be a issue but with no top I could see how fish could take "the big jump"

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Incredible! I agree with the cleaning aspect. It's a big enough chore cleaning four walls. It's eight with this tank. I can see fish all over the floor though. If you notice, there were no fish in the tank in that link. Hope someone chimes in that has real life experience with this beauty.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I seen this tank at MACNA a couple of years ago in Boston and it's an incredible looking tank and actually quiet ! One of the problems of this tank is if your have children or visitors the tendency would be to touch the water and any spraying in the room or carpet freshner would be a problem.

Frankie

RS STAFF
It was probably quiet from all the people in the room at MACNA but in the video i can hear it very good. But i trust what you have to say cheeks. You always have good stuff to say. Thats a good point on people touching the water.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
It was probably quiet from all the people in the room at MACNA but in the video i can hear it very good. But i trust what you have to say cheeks. You always have good stuff to say. Thats a good point on people touching the water.

Yeah now that I noticed the video it does appear to be quite loud. I will tell ya one thing everyone that I saw approach the tank the first inclination was to touch the water. They had some very expensive livestock in it and it was being closely watched.

boozeman

those are cool...they have one at ILC as a clam tank. It is also not all that difficult to build one. I imagine they are a pita to keep clean.
I love that open trimless/braceless look...but not the overflowing design :invisible

blue_eyes53813

I saw these at IMAC in Chicago and they are amazing looking. You can see through thesides. Its a very clear look (of course tha algae in time would be a pitta). And fish do overflow over the top if they get to close to the top sides of the tank. They need to have bottom feeders or fish that stay close to the bottom . The tank I saw had ALOT of cardinals in it. ..

Dragon Wrasse

Very cool tank......it would make a nice tide pool display....I think we would all adapt to this new tank, just as we modify and adjust to our current tanks. Had to throw my two pennies in......

jg2269jg

I have seen this version of tank at alot of the lfs i go to and they look cool, seem reletively quiet or as quiet as any other fish tank. And they have had a multitude of different fish in it. Tangs. Gobies, Cardinals, and Chromis. The only thing i dont like is there isnt room to grow corals out like your sps corals the tank is made to be a top viewer so most of the ones i see are only about a foot high and when you put rock in it doesnt leave you with much growth room left. That is my 2 cents....