Is the red sea max C really a "Complete Coral reef System"?

lferrero

Hello fellow reefers!
Last week i bought a C250 system, i am still waiting the delivery (feeling like christmas!)
This time i want to acquire and install everything i need before starting the aquarium.
i bought a 1/6 gal Coralife chiller, i am going tu use part of the water of my all aquarium as well as my live rock and the old ATO. I'll have to buy new sand. (i even bought a new spectrometer).

After reading a lot i am starting to ask myself if the C250 system also needs the reactors, apex controllers, and many of the gadgets and stuff that i have seen all over the internet.

If i have to prioritize, what would be something indispensable to keep my 65Gal (and livestock) working properly?

Thanks!

Luis

Malexiam

I have one for about 4 months and I don't believe it's as complete as they claimed, but most people, just like in on their on car, like to tweak and improve their tanks!

maybe for really easy to care corals and fish might be! anything else probably not

What makes them stand out in my opinion is how beautiful they are, specialty the white one in my liv room :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
We all seem to like to add improvement to our systems, so "complete" doesn't end there ;) :yup:
I always like to suggest more water flow. Reef like flow that keeps your corals & fish healthy & happy.
I added two Innovative Marine Spin-Streams to my return nozzles and two VorTech MP10s.
I think the RSM 250 NEEDS at least a powerhead...that's just my opinion. The returns are strong in the RSM 250 (unless they made changes to the C-250) but still not directional enough that I didn't have dead spots.
Hope you start a thread for your new tank & share your build with us!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
It's a hobby and from what I have seen in swt - the journey is as much fun as the destination (finished tank).

Having said the ^ I encourage new members to enjoy their stock tanks, then modify them as they learn & see how it goes and see how their corals progress.

But there no one right or wrong answer here... if you want to get all the toys up front, go for it, it's our hobby and $$$ are relative.

Many have lovely stock RSM tanks, it's more in the husbandry skills than the equipment. You can have a beautiful stock RSM tank.

To see some examples ^ check this thread out

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums.../37227-red-sea-max-full-tank-shot-photos.html

Roy Page

:clink:
Good one, please show me some photos.

I can show you my video of assembling my C-250 and getting it running ...... below.

You obviously have lots of experience so you won't have the steep learning curve I am on :lookaroun
Seems that most folk with the C-250 are adding a chiller, I am still trying to live without one, but probably will need one as the Ohio Summer heats up.

Roy

[video=youtube;BIWX0uaC9Cw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIWX0uaC9Cw[/video]

lferrero

Thank you Roy, Great video, very helpful.
When i paid for my c250 they didn't gave me the system because they say that the stand comes separately from the main aquarium box. The black box even says "stand not included in this box", so i am still waiting to pick up mine. Can you please tell me if your stand and aquarium came in the same Black box?
Thanks!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
When i paid for my c250 they didn't gave me the system because they say that the stand comes separately from the main aquarium box. The black box even says "stand not included in this box", so i am still waiting to pick up mine. Can you please tell me if your stand and aquarium came in the same Black box?
Thanks!

Not positive what you are asking but:
the stand is packed in a seperate box from the aquarium but they are only sold together and not at seperate costs.
You definitely should receive the aquarium & stand BOTH when it arrives.

Roy Page

Thanks!

No, the cabinet comes in a separate brown cardboard box.
But the top of the cabinet is under the tank in the big black box.
As per my video, do not try to follow the instructions for taking the tank out of the black box.
Cut the side of the black box out and slide the tank out.
The RS instructions are contradictory saying lift the tank out of the box and later telling you that you must always lift the tank with your hands UNDER the tank.
Have fun :D
Roy