is it my tank or the fish?

53339y

so i have a 75 gallon tank fish, 1 anmone with like rock. every time i add a new fish to the tank it seems to get ich. i resoved 3 times now . so 2 weeks ago when i went and got a regal tang i decided to put it in a qt tank did fine no sine of ich still treated for it but none . i put it in my display and now it has ich. so my question is does my system have ich or do the fish have ich im not seeing at first. and if the system has it y dont the other fish get it.

Midnight

How long do you QT for?
Once Ich is in the tank you need to go without fish for like three months to make sure all the ich is dead.

TylerHaworth

I would recommend reading the stickied threads in the forum that you have posted in, you will find answers to any question related to ich that you could fathom.

GrendelPrime

as long as u add fish to ur tank u will always have ich till u can remove the fish u have to a hospital tank and leave the display tank fish-less for about 3 months

if you put a uv steralizer on your tank, it will help reduce ich out breaks since its already in your tank, you just have to wait it out though