Is 15 gls worth the hassle?

Shagon

I just came into position of a 70 gl oceanic tank and stand for free. I am wanting to go bigger but I don't the the hassle of setting up this 70 is worth it.

Would you do all the work to set up a new tank just for 15 gls?

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Well the price is definitely right, 15 gallons is 15 gallons, but then again are you going to want a 90 next week? It is fun setting up a new tank and getting it up and going and watching it take off from nothing. Only you can decided what you want to do.

dianezoo

The hassel wont be as difficult as the first time you set up your 55 because you already have things running and to transfer should not cause any notable cycle problem. So the hassel shouldnt be too bad. It could be fun. but as JJmoney mentioned you need to decide. How does the setup look do you think you will enjoy it more than your 55 or not notice much change....If no real difference is going to be appreciated you may want to sell it to go larger towards your goal. If you think yes it's going to be nicer go for it becuse you have it. It's a nice problem to have. Regards

DaveK

If you have the additional money to spend on it, consider keeping two tanks.

You'll find the 70 gal tank will give you a much better aquascape. The additional front to back depth will do wonders for that. I'd say it will be a big upgrade job, but it will look a lot better also. Of course if your planning a big upgrade in the not to distant future, it may be worth holding off.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
If you want bigger do it the first round, doing all the work for 15 gallons and still not have the tank you want is not worth it, sit tight till the tank you really want comes along and you'll have no regrets :D