InTank Media Rack?

vubben

I've done some searching here and on the Intank site but haven't been able to find the answer.

If I use an Intank rack in my 130D, do I have to remove the hood to take it in and out of the chamber. Can't imagine that would be so but wanted to be sure.

If combined with the Tunze 9002 skimmer, from what I understand it goes in the skimmer chamber along with the Media Rack. I've read thehy stay in place with magnets, is that right and if so can anyone describe how that works?

Thanks

Randy

redsea reefer

You do not have to remove the hood to take out the rack, just slides in and out. The Tunze attaches next to the rack like this.

IMG_0477.jpg

vubben

Thanks Eddie. A picture is worth a thousand web searches!

I didn't realize that the tank hood goes back further than it's most open resting position so I was thinking the rack would be too tall to pull straight out. Just played with the hood and see that it does go straight up and down if you go past the resting point.

Randy

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I think Stevie stopped selling the 9002 with it... because of the profit margin on the skimmer... but I might be wrong there... and the support issues helping new members tune it in...

TonyV

PM me if you want the rack pictured up above. I have it listed for sale. The cup and skimmer were already sold.

StevieT

RS Sponsor
I think Stevie stopped selling the 9002 with it... because of the profit margin on the skimmer... but I might be wrong there... and the support issues helping new members tune it in...

We have never sold the Tunze 9002. One of the reasons why is the support that goes with the skimmer, as you state. The profit margin is low compared to other pieces of equipment, yet volume can make up for that. I am still debating, probably will carry it in the near future. I am dreading all of those "I installed the skimmer and nothing, I need a new unit" emails. Nice PDF link should fix all that.

I would be the only one to offer an upgraded cup and skimmer package, which would be a plus.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cool Stevie - a total package would be nice - minus the I just installed it today & no skimmate yet e-mail's... but we will help !

We are the support team now for "some other" vendors LOL
028.gif