Innovative Marine mini 38G

Hizanonyirork

Has been struck by the ban stick
Is there a way you could get me just the bracket for the front mount?

The one pictured all the way to the right. I only got the bushing itself for some reason.

I tried contacting Innovative. Maybe you could get through to them for me.

Cyclist

Is there a way you could get me just the bracket for the front mount?

The one pictured all the way to the right. I only got the bushing itself for some reason.

I tried contacting Innovative. Maybe you could get through to them for me.
Not sure what mount you are referring to.

Cyclist

Finally have the ai sol mounted.

light_mounted_2.JPG

Andy

isnt that a picture of a hammer coral? it doesnt look like a frogspawn but either way tank is cool and stylish!

Cyclist

Looks good how are things going?
Every thing inside the tank is going good. No skimmer yet, but i have been doing 10% water changes every month. The corals are growing, but are doing so at a very slow pace. I've added a few more rocks and have noticed that my coapods are doing very well inside the tank and in the back.
I will need to build out an ATO because I leave the lid off to help keep temputures down. I am trying to avoid use of the chiller.
Will be adding a Red Mandarin soon.

I'll have to go look at your build to see how your doing.

Cyclist

I had to dial back the LED's to 55% on each channel. Corals seem to be getting too much. Another thing is my water prams were off so I had to do an unscheduled water change. I added some algagen reefpods a couple days ago and think it screwed up my water. Won't do that again.
Next week I'll start on the auto top off which will be a DIY project and controlled by the apex controller.

Cyclist

Today I started building the ato. I'll post a few pictures in the morning.
Yesterday I did a 20g water change. Almost lost nemo, but the water change helped him an he is once again swimming with his mate.

Purchased a skimmer yesterday and it should be here tomorrow. I was going to run without, but for some reason my water is stinking and I am hoping the the skimmer will help remove toxins.

I'll be honest, I almost threw in the towel yesterday. Just don't know whats going on because the water test come back perfect, but my frogspawn and torch coral have not been looking as full as normal. The GSP has been hiding for the last few days also. Algae (brown) and little bubles on the sand.

JoeCanada11

Whereabouts are your torch and frogspawn placed and what type of water flow are they receiving. With my hammer I noticed that when it receives too much flow it doesn't too out as much.

Cyclist

ATO Build,
This is my ato switch, I'll have three of them, but this one is the most important for controlling the water feed as this one will reside in the refugium located in the back of the tank. I added a snail guard which probably was not needed because I have been removing the sanils from the tank.

Here are some starter pictures, I have not drilled the container yet.
ato_switch_1.JPG

ato_switch_2.JPG

Last edited:

Cyclist

hydor slim skim skimmer installed today.
Photos to follow.
I must say, this skimmer is only heard if you put your ear within 4 inches of the top and its only the bubbles you hear. So far i like it and the build quality is very impressive. When installed, it is hidden and does not protrude the top of the tank as others I have seen.