I'm looking for LOTS of Chaetomorpha

naperenterprise

I'm looking for LOTS of Chaetomorpha,
Does anyone have an over abundance of the stuff they would like to get rid of?

I want to add a bunch to my 330+ reef tank.
So the more the better ;)

BarbMazz

..... and I'm looking for just a LITTLE BIT.... so Jason, on your way through Cleveland :square: drop me off a little bunch, okay? :eek:h:

naperenterprise

I was just in Mentor Ohio a little while ago...
I try to avoid Cleveland when possible ;)
Go Steelers ;)

If I find a bunch I'll hook ya up.

..... and I'm looking for just a LITTLE BIT.... so Jason, on your way through Cleveland :square: drop me off a little bunch, okay? :eek:h:

BarbMazz

You got it ;)
Thats one of my HQ's

So now I know who to call if I need someone to blow the place up for me... haha
j/k

....wish I could help ya there, Jason, but I'm a hopeless peacenik. I can't even spear a gorilla crab, for crying out loud!

(i know you're kidding)

fishnu

+1

Can I piggy back on this request?

I have some green gracilaria growing in my sump, but I would appreciate a nickel bag ;) of chaeto if anyone has any.

I will gladly repay chaeto with green gracilaria as my clump gets a little bigger.

John

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm looking for LOTS of Chaetomorpha,
Does anyone have an over abundance of the stuff they would like to get rid of?

I want to add a bunch to my 330+ reef tank.
So the more the better ;)

What exactly is a "bunch"? I mean I know what the term is but what type of volume are you looking for? How big of an area are you wanting to "Fill" with it. Also keep in mind you don't want to "Fill" the sump/fuge with it but rather get a much smaller amount and allow it to grow. In one of my fuges I see my water quality seems to be better with a 1/2 full fuge as opposed to it being full. Once it gets "stifled" it must start to slow down considerably.

I'd like to see a pic of a "Bunch" of it. I have my 18g Fuge about 1/3 full so that would equate to maybe 5-6 gallons but it's doing well.

When it's time to prune it (maybe a couple months or so) I'll have some available if anyone else is looking for some.

SJS

I am looking for some too - so when you have to prune keep me in mind! (that is a strange sentence!)

BarbMazz

Hey, Allen! Since my tank is new I'm going start with a golf ball size hunk and let it grow. So to me, that's a 'bunch'.

burning2nd

im about 2 hrs away.... i have some but not a lot...

why do you need a lot... why not get a handfull and let it grow

naperenterprise

Well I have a large 55 gallon sump refugium that needs some, I have a little bit in that, its just not growing as fast as I would like, I'm wanting to compensate for some flow issues I'm trying to work out on that tank.

I also have another 80 gallon system with none in the fuge as of yet, I don't want to cut into my other system yet until that grows.

Triggerjay

Im tellin ya... nothing better than a 250w 6500k halide.. the 55g fuge will be full in a week.. Man, frankies thread has me all messed up.... and Mr coors lt didnt help... I can't type!

Jason

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Well I have a large 55 gallon sump refugium that needs some, I have a little bit in that, its just not growing as fast as I would like, I'm wanting to compensate for some flow issues I'm trying to work out on that tank.

I also have another 80 gallon system with none in the fuge as of yet, I don't want to cut into my other system yet until that grows.

What's your "Fuge Lighting" details? Maybe we can "Tweak" that and get your Chaeto growing. Honestly it's really FAST & EASY growing. I would imagine if you're having "Nutrient" issues in your current system your Chaeto would be growing like crazy. Keep in mind Chaeto isn't a Cure-All but it's always a GOOD thing to add :)