If money were no object!

Choff

Yard company yes. Fish company no.

It's the involvement and pride that I had the know how to grow these corals in such vibrant colors... Well if I could actually do that I would be proud :D

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Triggerjay

I wish RSM made a cube. I guess I should rephrase. a 50-60g cube, frameless. I see marineland makes one, but not frameless. I LOVE the ELOS tanks, but their a bit smaller than what i'm after. The RSM tank is killer, but im after a cube this go around. Thanks for the ideas all, and if a cube comes to mind, shout out. Thanks!

Jason

theplantman

Ok let me show ya'll how to think big, if money were no object, Build a house on stilts over the water with a submerged glass basement in a beautiful reef location with a hatch access to head right out for some diving. Make sure it is engineered to be cat 5 storm proof. Driveway is a dock, with a speedy power boat for trips to the shore, a deep water access for an Elan Impression Sailboat, (40' plus) House would be all solar powered and the roof would be a green roof for growing veggies.

Now that's a saltwater aquarium........

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Aside from the hurricanes, sounds pretty cool. At that rate, I might as well purchase a submarine like the ones at Walt Disney World and use that as my personal window to view the reefs live.

Triggerjay

Ok, that CADE HL600 is EXACTLY what I'm after. That thing looks top notch! Now, I need to see if I can find a US distributor. A google search didn't reveal any US sources so far. I will have to see if they ship to the US. That is one BAAAAAD tank! I love the external overflow and the sump and stand look to be of the same high quality. Thank you!

Jason

Triggerjay

I just found a Mr Aqua 60g cube on marinedepot, and it appears it's not tempered and not starfire glass, but if I can't get a CADE on the states, I may copy the CADE with the Mr Aqua. I can't believe it's this hard to find exactly what I'm after. Cutting/drilling glass is not an issue, but it would be nice if it was already complete.

Jason

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Have a look at my chronicle mate, I have recently just started up a cade hl600 if you want to get a better idea of how it looks and feels once set up :) they really are and beautiful tank! If you want to find out if they ship to the US or want to get one specially shipped, email Adam who is the guy that runs the website/is the supplier and ask him. He's really helpful and has always done his best to help me out! :)

Ask me any questions you want about it too! I'm more than happy to help you out as best I can :)

Triggerjay

Ok so... A couple years down the road and I finally have a new cube up and running. I went with a marineland 37g "column" tank. Basically a deep cube. I drilled a 1-1/2" drain connected to a 10g sump. Return pump is a quiet one 3000. Light is the Ocean Revive t-247. Skimmer was a cadlights pls-100, but was changed out to a bubble magus curve 5. Circulation comes from a Maxpect Gyre 130. Tank has been up about three months, so by all measures still considered "new". I have a pair of clowns, and a yellow corks wrasse. I have lots of frags right now, but seeing decent growth. I keep alk at 9, cal at 440, and mag at 1400. I use two part for cal and alk, and Kent m tech for mag. Pretty happy with the system so far. I'll post some pics, or start a chronicle on it soon.

Jason