Ians Hospital tank

alfaman

It’s not big and it’s not clever, however as I found out twice, it’s a fundamental and a necessity to have a hospital or holding tank if you are to succeed in this hobby. Experience has already taught me this.

Nothing special in terms of a tank but thought I would share it anyway.

nano1.jpg

nano2.jpg

Plenty of aggitation :)

nano3.jpg

Hmmm, cappacino anyone?
nano4.jpg

With the lid left slightly open, the tank ranges from 25 at night to 26.5 during the day so pretty perfect really.
nano5.jpg

nano6.jpg

nano7.jpg

Ok, so from stock, I ripped out all the bio balls, the ceramics, the foam and carbon and added an extra skimmer into the back.

As you can see, two crap skimmers = x1 medium rated skimmer, to be fair they pull out quite a bit of crap when I have had a heavy load in there, however I do find they are a bit over kill for the load I have in therenow though and can often over skim.

I have two permanent residence in there and one PJ Cardinal which is a week away from being ready to move out into the main tank here: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...read-better-late-than-never-2.html#post935901

Ian

alfaman

Damn, when I sold my business, I lost my server so now all my images have gone :(

Will re do them as this hospital tank is now a species tank holding a Long Horn Cow fish, some clean up crew and a Banded pipe fish.