i would like to hook up my RO/DI.....how?

Octoman

Yellow is definitely the output from your unit. You can see it coming out from the DI (final stage) in the picture. The blue is most likely your source water line - like Bob said, just make sure it is the one going into the sediment filter (bottom right filter in the picture).

BobBursek

Burning2nd,
If that is a 100gpd unit the RO does not take out as many TDS as a lesser gpd unit, so your DI will exhaust quicker, sorry for the bad news, but Fleebay is not always the "bargain" you think, sorry! Optium peforemance is at 60psi+ into the RO @ 75*F anything less drops the output to waste ratio.

burning2nd

rbursek,
im not sure where your comeing from with that one... if what is a 100gpd?
i have the ocean reef 2,

i might have some thread messed up.. but my yellow tube come from the valve and then goes to the filters and ro,

but anyway just read the instructions.

althea2you

i thought i read this somewhere and i cant find it... does the pipe have to be a certain pipe in order for the self piercing thingy to pierce or work or whatever...?

fishnu

I have been unconcerned about supply side metal (my wye). After all, I am NOT going to rip out my copper pipes !!!

However I have no metal on the output side.

althea2you

ok this is my piping set up, i put it in my chronicle, but not everyone goes there... so im posting here gaain... this is the pipes.. can a saddle valve work with this? also.. the second picture is where the water drains from my washer... can i just put the waste water line in there?! thank in advance!

washerplumbing2.jpg

washerplumbing1.jpg

fishnu

Look at octomans post in this thread beginning "I'm sure HD could set you up, Something like this..." Don't use a saddle.

Input

Put the Y or wye on the laundry cold water spigot.
Put the washer hose on one side
Put the 1/4 inch adaptor on the other.
Run the 1/4 inch line to the RO/DI

Output

Yes, run the ouput to the washer drain

althea2you

ok! i got it all hooked up, all filters are brand new and everything is running! now i just need to actually set up a decent holding tank so to speak! thank you all for your help! i really appreciate it!

burning2nd

Picture3001053.jpg

Picture3002761.jpg

Picture3002760.jpg

45g rubbermaid,
heated, airated, circulated,

the yellow line is the souce in, i showed the first ball valve i have right after the peirce valve, (thats for when i move, just shut it and remove it) comes thur the wall, 2nd pic yellow to clear at the valve in the bottem left corner, -->the filters---->Ro-->Di then comes out blue (also in the bottem left) goes thur 2nd tds meter (first tds meter is behind filter on the yellow line) --->blue line to a tee both ends are valved one goes to the float valve and the other is just a open end.

althea2you

very cool! nice set up! mine will have to be a whole lot less involved! LOLOL.... but thank you for the ideas!!! very cool!

Burning2nd,
Optium peforemance is at 60psi+ into the RO @ 75*F anything less drops the output to waste ratio.

Filmtec membranes are factory spec'ed at 77 degrees, 50 psi, and 250 ppm feedwater.

Other brands at 77 degrees and 60 psi.

With higher pressures (like you can generate with a booster pump for instance) you'll see better production and better rejection from your membrane.

Russ