I want to eradicate this invasive coral species - HELP!!!

PIMPALA

Thats a LOT of carbon!

papnplast_trash-hefty-cinchsackxl.jpg

BALLER!!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Sas I'm running "Heavy Carbon" as it is. I have 2 large hefty bags in the tank now (it's only 34g to begin with). I alternate changing them out every 2 weeks. Do you think I need more or more often change?

AL! you know the rules applying to fish... after 3 days throw it out, use less more often, after 2 weeks its packed, at minimum it should be washed every 3 days,scrunched,washed, used again and chucked, I know I could never keep them or zenia

Robzilla

Wow I need to focus on either RS or Work....multi-tasking is obviously not my forte today lol. That settles it, work can wait!

I saw Matt's post about covering with rubber or plastic and then read Al's post as Hefty for some reason lol.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've never used anything like that in my tank. With all the chemicals (release agents etc) used in plastic production I'd be kind of worried about going that route.

BLAKEJOHN

As for using the carbon to curb their growth, I didn't think it helps.any. I have two colonies of these purple cloves. They are growing great. I run two 2 little fishies 150 reactors half full of carbon 24/7 on 300 gls. It does not seem to impediments their growth. I plan to control their growth with Kalk paste as I do for just about any other coral.

Shut off all pumps, cover with thick paste. Let stand for 30 mins to an hour. Siphon off Kalk paste and restart pumps. Coral, dead....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk