I Thought I Lost My Wrasse the Other Evening!

Edison

So a couple days ago I did water change and a little while later I went to check th tank only to discover the Wrasse was way in the back of the tank with his head pointed straight down and his back fin kind of facing up and to the right a bit-it was curved.
I though he might be sleeping and just to be sure, I touched his back fin and nothing happened, no movement from the Wrasse.
So of course I thought the worse-that somehow the water change stressed him to the point of death, after all, he was pointing down and didn't respond to having his fin touched...that is until...
Thinking he was goner I went and grabbed the hemostats, reached carefully towards the back of the tank and went to lock the instrument onto his back end so I could fish him out of the tank. Well, he did respond to that!
Good thing I didn't fully engage the lock on the 'stats cause as soon as he felt the pressure he darted away and buried himself in the substrate and stayed there till several hours after the main lights came on the next day.

Dweezil

I would have loved to seen that because I bet you jumped staight up into mid air too! LOL

Edison

I did!
This happened around 3 AM and all the lights were off with the exception of the little LED flashlight I was using to see into the tank.
It's a good thing the light canopy was off otherwise I might have hit it when the fish moved and I jumped.