I think I found a great deal

jcgardner

Here is my situation. I found a guy that is sell a 100g glass aquarium and stand for $50.00. The stand needs to be finished which isn't that big of a deal, it holds water and looks pretty good with the exception of one corner. The top edge by the back corner is chipped, will this affect the integrity of the aquarium?

I know I would have a hard time turning that down! Maybe just put some aquarium sealant on that chip just to make sure.:bluenod:

jcgardner

Yes I am going to buy it, because seriously how many times does a 100g aquarium with stand show up for only $50.00. Will pick it up on Saturday! Very excited I will get to finish the cabinet in the style I like. Already looking up different canopy styles. Great project for the summer!

jcgardner

I will start a new thread on this build after it is picked up. I am so excited, I have a 45g right now but this has been my dream!

GrendelPrime

yeah i have a 75 gal that im trying to convince the wife cant fit everything i need..i try to slip the topic up here and there but so far i just get the famous women look that silently says saying 1 more word about it and chances are shes gonna frag my skull for me..lol so its a work in progress :)

jcgardner

I figured my husband was going to ask why, but since he just spent a good chunk of change on some equipment to start taking wildlife photos I figured I was in a good place. Always a good idea to let the spouse spend on themselves and then ask for what you want. In my house it always works for either side.