I think cyano can be CURED!

JT101

Not just controlled, CURED!!!

I used Chemi Clean about 2 weeks ago and there hasn't been a TRACE of ANY red slime, cyano or any other type of red algae since the treatment.

I know that it has been said that it can come back even after a treatment, but I have to think that one of the two factors were at play in those tanks:

1. You didn't COMPLETELY kill the cyano in your tank, or
2. You RE-INTRODUCED it via LR, food, corals, livestock etc.

When you think about it LOGICALLY, if cyano is a DISEASE, and you KILL IT TOTALLY, how can it possibly come back unless you accidentally put some back into your tank?

I'm going to keep a watchful eye on things but this is the ABSOLUTE LONGEST my tank has been free of this gunk since I first noticed it about 6 month ago!!!

John

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Keep in mind that it's one of the most basic and oldest of all living organisms. It's made it through fire, ice, dry and everything else since the beginning of time and it's still around going strong (some say stronger than EVER thanks to our over use of drugs).

John I honestly hope it's gone from your tank for good. That would be GREAT but I have to say stating that you've "cured it for good" is a bit overly bold and sticking your "nadal units" out there . . . :)