I Pulled The Trigger on a S-650...

Nob35

I have a reef octopus water blaster 5000 which has a circuit that starts the motor at slow rpms and builds. I'm running a chiller and UV sterilizer with it. There are a bunch of different pumps out there that have the slow start. You just need to do research on the ones you like and check flow rates to get the correct pump for your chiller, remember to take the height and distance of the piping into account for correct flow rate.

phishphan1

Just added my first fish. A pair of SA snowflake clowns. They are a little tough to get a picture of. Here is one:
apaje2y2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phishphan1

I just noticed for the first time today thousands of little white bugs all over the inside of the aquarium glass. From what I can tell they are Copepods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Congrats on your Beautiful pair of Clowns!! :yehoo:
I must have missed some important posts somewhere....
Did your tank already go through a complete Ammonia & Nitrite & Nitrate spikes? :ponder2:

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Nice clowns mate. It's amazing watching all the critter go through there population explosions. Good work

phishphan1

Congrats on your Beautiful pair of Clowns!! :yehoo:
I must have missed some important posts somewhere....
Did your tank already go through a complete Ammonia & Nitrite & Nitrate spikes? :ponder2:

Yes, it has already cycled. I added some cured live rock to seed my dry rock and it is now good to go. No ammonia or nitrite.

phishphan1

So in an effort to reduce heat and add a little "wow" factor I've decided to remove the center light unit an install Kessils there. I added two so far and love them. I'm going to add two more and then remove some T5 bulbs from the front and back lighting units. I love the look, color and controllability of these lights.

For those of you who have done this mod, how many are still using supplemental T5s and what color bulbs?

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Nice mods, choff is the only one I know that did this but I think he has now gone with Steves LED upgrade as he had a few probs with them and had to return them for repairs?

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Manjo anemone, good to get rid off. They can be a bit stubborn too.

Loving the coral additions, very nice mate.:)