I need some help with a biocube hqi 29... please read

fellers

Hello folks. I apologize now if this is the wrong forum. But I need help and wasnt sure. I was/am a member here for some years now. But I have been gone for 3. I was called back up to serve again after being done with the army. I eneded up serving another 18 months in afghanistan with my Ranger company. I spent the last year recovering from a severe TBI i sustained from an ied blast. Aaand my memory was severly damaged short term as well. Ive been trying to research the last couple weeks before i posted this but I'm not getting anyweres with my memory.
Sooo here it goes. I am getting new biocube 29 HQI. Will you good experienced people please help me with a list of everything I need for this tank to never have any equipment problems. Skimmer, pumps, extra pupmps... anything important. Please.
Before I went back in the army again; I had a beautiful RSM250 setup and it was amazing! But I dont remember anything I did to get it so good. And when I was recovering from the ied blast my EX wife as of now sold it all on me. Im just looking for any help I can get on what I should buy for this new tank. Money isnt a problem at all right now. And thank you for whatever help u folks give me!!! Again Im sorry if i put this in the wrong forum/or part of the forum. I wanted to ask more but I cant remember what...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Welcome back to RS and thanks for serving ! Congrats on the new tank & welcome back to sw reefing !

Sure some members can advise on the biocube - if they are like the RSM 250 you use to have, they are pretty much AIO & should get you started again with success, then any add-ons could come after a few months & once the tank cycles.

Again welcome back !

fellers

Thank you for the "Thank You" It is good to be back here; Trust Me!! ;)
I guess i shouldn't of said add ons. I was thinking more of changing the things that dont work like they should. My father is next to me telling to say I had to replace the skimmer on my RSM right away because it was not sufficient. I am wondering what people did to change those things right from the get go.What is the best option for these things. Once its up and running I want it to have all the updated eqiupment it needs right from the start.
And it is good to be back!!!
one more thing. I ave some pictures of my old RSM 250 on here. How do I find them to see it. i would love to see that tank again. But my laptop they were all on is nowhere to be found upon my arrival home

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
just click on your RS name (fellers) then click view forum post & you can find them :)

SWJuly262010001.jpg

fellers

Oh wow!!! Thank you soo much!!! Man I miss that tank... cant wait to have the entertainment of watching a new tank. I love how things start to wake up under the moon lights and do thier own thing. Thank you again!

reefer gladness

Have you considered what you might want to keep in your new aquarium? That will help us determine what type of equipment you might need.

Also, if you haven't made the purchase already do consider there are a lot of tanks for sale on craigslist that can save you $$$.

Here's a 40g cube w/starphire glass going for $500. It's drilled with a center overflow, sump and Mag5 return pump. Not sure if the Vortech pump is included but the MP40 alone costs $500 new.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/fod/4304667635.html

Or if you just really like the BC29 you're bound to find one on craigslist sooner or later and maybe save you $$ on the other stuff like live rock, test kits, etc. if you buy used.