I Need Some Advice About My Yellow Polyps......

miaskies

I got some yellow polyps over a month ago and they have been slowly disappearing one by one. Everything else in the tank seems to be doing great. I had over 40 polyps and now I'm down to less than 20. What do I need to do to save these guys?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
What are your current test results (like right now if possible)?

What size tank?

What type of salt mix?

How much water do you change and when?

What else is in the tank?

rdz1

if you don't feed them seperately they will starve plus they eat after you turn light off or can over time train them to open up to eat when you feed everything else. you really need a spot feeder for them.

miaskies

if you don't feed them seperately they will starve plus they eat after you turn light off or can over time train them to open up to eat when you feed everything else. you really need a spot feeder for them.

so what should I feed them?

Varga

You might be thinking of the Sun Coral....or do the yellow's do that too??

my question is what fish do you have.....someone might be eating the tasty algae inside the coral YUMMM

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm with Varga here. I have a clown who LOVES to "Garden" my yellow polyps. She keeps them at an almost constant number for some reason.

miaskies

I have yellow button polyps. I do not have any fish in the tank yet. I have green chromis in quarantine with intestional worms hanging from their butts and I am about to give up on them, as they will not eat the medicated food and me dumping metroindazale and prazi via general cure packets has'nt seemed to help. In the tank with the polyps I have organ pipe coral, green star polyps, pink anthelia and live rock.
Does anyone who has kept yellow polyps have any advice on how to care for them or how to feeed them? Oh- I do have a small blue & orange legged hermit crab and about 3 dozen or more of these slug looking snails, all different sizes from tiny to big, although I have never seen them bothering the corals. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

CATALYST

I don't do anything to mine and they just keep growing. My urchin likes to eat them once in awhile. Have you tested your water? I have had mine detach and move too.