I need help with viewing threads

Stacef

Ok, This is going to sound so stupid, but on "site x" it worked a lot differently, or my computers screwed up!!

When I go in a view a thread, I want to see the LAST thing posted, on the top of the first page..

This happens what I post to, takes me all the way back. I have tried, oldest first, but that just puts everything out of whack (from what I'm used to) :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:

So I changed my settings to newest post first. I always would end up on the 40th page, and have to click page one, and THEN the last post was on the top of page one.

What oh what do I do?

mps9506

hmm...
If you go under user cp and options and change it to "newest first" you should see the newest post on the top of the first page it it just lists all the post in reverse chronological order.
Oldest first will put it in chronological order with the oldest post at the top of the first page you view....
I think you are looking for newest first right?

lcstorc

I just go to new posts then click the thing to go to the first unread post in the thread.

Stacef

hmm...
If you go under user cp and options and change it to "newest first" you should see the newest post on the top of the first page it it just lists all the post in reverse chronological order.
Oldest first will put it in chronological order with the oldest post at the top of the first page you view....
I think you are looking for newest first right?

I may have been confusing :ponder2: , or maybe it doesn't work this way here.. which is fine!! But, when I put "newest first" The newest post is the first post on the first page...but when you open the thread, your on the LAST page, and have to click to get to the post. Does that make sense??

lcstorc

I know what it is.
When you have the list of threads if you click the little down button it goes to the first post in the thread that you have not seen. If you click on the name of the thread it opens the thread at the beginning.
Is that it?

mps9506

I may have been confusing :ponder2: , or maybe it doesn't work this way here.. which is fine!! But, when I put "newest first" The newest post is the first post on the first page...but when you open the thread, your on the LAST page, and have to click to get to the post. Does that make sense??

I think I'm misunderstanding you :)
If I have "linear post newest post first" enabled and I click on a multipage thread I go to the first page and then post on will be the most recently submitted post, at the bottom of the page is the oldest, page two continues on in that order.
It sounds like that is what you are looking for, but maybe not? :)

dianezoo

OK I did something to the view for all the pages. I just get text now no ones graph signature and the screen is white color with all posts in plain text boxes.
What happened?

dobejazz

OK I did something to the view for all the pages. I just get text now no ones graph signature and the screen is white color with all posts in plain text boxes.
What happened?

Sounds like you switched to the "lite" skin

You should be able to change it back from your User CP

Octoman

I understand what your saying Stace,

mps9506, to see what she's talking about, try changing your settings to linear-newest post first. When you do that it reverses the posts with the newest on the first page. But then if you click "go to first unread post" it still tries to take you to the last pages which have now become the earliest posts and not the most recent.

dianezoo

:hallo: Thanks Keli, I was freakin cuz where I had clicked on lite skin drop down arrows at bottom of the page like this but once you do that,the same drop downs are gone. That was ugly.
I did finally find it where you suggested CP Thanks much!

dobejazz

:hallo: Thanks Keli, I was freakin cuz where I had clicked on lite skin drop down arrows at bottom of the page like this but once you do that,the same drop downs are gone. That was ugly.
I did finally find it where you suggested CP Thanks much!

Your Welcome

I did that myself once - it's very disconcerting

Stacef

Very popular thread lately, haha. Great to see everyone got everything figured out!!

Kelli--where in Illinois?