I need help with my GBTA??

hma

HMA, what part lime juice to water do you use, I would like to try it. Also should I use real limes or does it matter?

Lime water increases both carbonate and calcium value. His only restriction is that it increases the pH, and therefore in a tank with many sps not enough of them can admit to the entire KH- and calcium consumption market.
Soda(sodium carbonate) increases the PH value and the KH WITHOUT to increase calcium also, in your case, perhaps the better solution. :snshne:

Octoman

HMA, what part lime juice to water do you use, I would like to try it. Also should I use real limes or does it matter?

Lime water is calcium carbonate, aka. kalkwasser. Lime as in limestone...

Not lime the fruit, don't add that to your tank!!

Octoman

I get the idea thanks! I'm aloud a blonde moment every once in a while...

Those moments happen to the best of us...:)

Good to see you asking questions and and trying to do what's necessary to make your tank happy and healthy.

lcstorc

chicap29

Thanks, I'll definetly read up. And I'm learning a ton from this website!:snshne:

I am going to the store to buy more test tomorrow. And keep you guys updated.

chicap29

I bought more testing supplies...

Hello all!

Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 40ppm
Alkalinity not sure yet
pH 7.8
Calcium 420
Temp 77.5 stable for a month now
Phosphates b/w .03 & .1

KH is 111 (and it said that was good)
Alkilinity is 2.5meq/l or 7 dkh

I couldn't find a magnesium test yet.

Both of my nem's look good though. The green one just isn't as full (in tentacles)as he used to be and it looks like my maroon clown is double dipping b/w both my anenomes!

I think they are adjusting to the tank still and leave it at that. I'm going to work on getting my nitrates down and go from there.

Thanks for all the help it was much appreciated!!!

chicap29

Thanks! I got an Aqua C Remora- Mag 5 protein skimmer hooked up and an Ro/di filter almost hooked up so I will keep everyone updated.

mcguires97

I used that purple up inmy tank and it made my two anenomies crash. I had to pull them out and place in a diffrent tank untill my tank restablized. I will not use that stuff any more.

wm23oh

Wow. No one should ever claim you don't do your research finding an old thread like this.

It makes you wonder how the tank has done though. Any updates?

Best wishes,