i need help my marine fish have white spots

jenni penni

i need help my marine fish have white spots and are dying fast. we have treated the water with white spot treatment all the fish have it.

ReefApprentice

Can we have the history of your tank? Also we could use the tank parameters, and stocking list. Did you treat the tank directly or in QT? We need details to help you out the most. It also sounds like ich.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Sorry to hear about your fish - checkout this post...

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ologist-advice-ich-cryptocaryon-irritans.html

DaveK

i need help my marine fish have white spots and are dying fast. we have treated the water with white spot treatment all the fish have it.

Yes, it does sound like SW ich. More to the point, what was the treatment that you tried? Many are useless despite what the LFS or other well meaning people may have told you.

Break down reef, pull the fish. Quarantine, treat with copper, let reef sit for a month and two weeks. Freshwater dip fish before adding back. Really recommend this to treat for other parasites that may still be lingering. Only way. Run carbon a few time new through reef if you were treating reef, you'll want to get those bull shoot chemicals out.

StirCrayzy

The reef will survive Crypto easily, fish will not, and are the only endangered livestock to remove and treat.
Any update? / details?