I may have diverted some petco sales.

michael_cb_125

I went to petco last night to get a small tank. I dont like buying from them but I needed it. I saw a guy getting a few damsel fish. All of which were covered in Ich. Poor little damsels. I asked him what type of setup he had. We ended up talking for about 30 Min. I shoed him what to look for in fish. I told him where I suggest getting livestock and drygoods. He told me about his setup, and asked for some advise. I gave him some pointers. I gave him my card, and told him to call me if he needed any help. And of course I gave him www.reefsanctuary.com on the card. He really seem like he cared what I was saying and did not blow me off. He thanked me for my time, and said he would try to steer clear of petco SW>~Michael

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
Awesome, I have done something similar in a reptile situation....this lady was selling another lady just a flourescent light for a Beardy(bearded dragon) The sales assistant walked to get something, in a few minutes time, I had "sold her a dual light fixture with the flourescent UVA+uvb+uvc bulbs with heat as well, I told her, he is a desert creature, THEY LOVE TO BE "BAKED" she was very thankful....My case was a just not giving the creature what it really needs!

michael_cb_125

I have two Bearded Dragons. I have had them for 14 years now. They are ancient. They really do need the UVA/UVB/UVC Lighting.

tippMANn98

I love reptiles just as much as my corals and fish. I love beardys, have you seen the red sandfire dragons? THEY ARE HOT HOT HOT!

Witfull

sand fires? are they the red rock dragons? black and orange? if so i had a pair 10-12 yrs ago....awesome critters....i had a whole herp room in my house. vieled and jacksons chamos, rock dragons, and P.M. Grandis geckos,,,,all breeding....5 sets of incubators going at once...had to breed to feed my addiction~

michael_cb_125

I have seen the orange adnd black ones. I about bought a 2 year old pair a few years ago. Gah those were some expensive Lizards. I have always loved reptiles. I had a few (I know this is going to sound bad) pet copperheads, as a little kid. I caught them in the back yard. I have several scars from snake bites. But I still love them. Suprisingly I have only been bitten by one venomous snake..A copper head. But I have close calls with rattlers, coral snakes, cottonmouths, and an introduced viper species in southern florida. But I still love em.

Witfull

i paid 500$ for the pair in 93. made that back in the first brood. the day geckos were the most prolific, the jacksons chemeleons were the best money maker,,,and vieled,,,well the were a good steady revenue scouce. it helped that i had 3 stores to sell my own stuff in and a wholesaler as a friend.

michael_cb_125

Wit, are the ones you are talking about BRIGHT RED/ORANGE with black beards. thats what I looked at a few years ago. They were $850 for a 2 yr old pair.

tippMANn98

The males are the ones with the darker "beard" and they both expand in when threatened or agitated...and will become darker when doing so....

tippMANn98

I haven't heard of those...but then again...if you start getting into stupid google, I just found a whole bunch of crazy morphs...there is this one male...RED in color, absolutley BEAUTIFUL!

Frankie

RS STAFF
See if i can get this thread back on track. I too am famous for browsing in local stores that carry pet supplies. Walmart here has a decent size aquarium section and i always tell people about there lfs and how much better off they will be shopping there instead. It amazes me how much influence these chain stores have on people. And miss direction.

Witfull

my local walmart doesnt carry fish in part due to me... i was told by the dept manager "you are not allowed to talk to anyone in this dept!" i said,,"yeah right" he said "ill have you arrested" and i said "ill have you arrested on cruelty to animals and defrauding the public"......he avoids me now~