I have a pow please tell me what to do with it

mongo

So I've seen a few of these guys in my sump but the other day I found one in my display tank hunting for another hitch hiker, what is it and what should I do with it ...
Pics added !!!!
Edited_Image8df6a718-9c82-407e-870e-827f342a6dd4_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WP_20140808_001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
WP_20140808_004.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Snid

Heh... Not sure what a pow is. When I tried finding out what the acronym for it was, I found many answers. My favorite one that made me chuckle was People of Walmart. I doubt you have People of Walmart in your DT, but I'm not sure how big your tank is. It might be really big! :rofl:

Snid

Oh... LOL! Never heard anyone refer to their hitchhikers as Prisoner's of War.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Common bristle worm - good member of cuc (clean up crew) can get back in rocks where snails can't reach, excellent scavengers - add him back to DT (display tank) ;)

Snid

Bristle Worms can get big, so later down the road don't be afraid to pull out the bigger ones if you find them to be reproducing. Unless, of course, you like the big ones. ;)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Just be cautious with how you pick them up....those bristles can get into your skin and be painful.
Always use a net or long tweezers and not your bare fingers to catch them.
I leave the small ones in my tank or refugium but I try to catch & remove the extra large ones because they kinda creep me out :eek:

SnoopNL

I had a few big ones, one was over a foot in length.
I also suspected them from killing of some smaller critters.

So if I see one : it goes.
I can't stand them.