I got some FREE weirdness!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
My LFS had a chunk of rock with some really nice sea grass, so while getting it bagged I spied a kinda glowing little nubbet in the bottom of the tank, I asked O Whats That!! he said take it home and when it grows up you tell me. So now I have this 1/2 dime sized glowy mass with what looks like euphyllia tentacles on it. They had a large shipment a while back, could it be a head that fell off? Ive got it trapped in an acrylic ring to grow out, its too small to get a pic but it seem to be growing, under a magnifying glass the tips look like a yellow dot, do I need to glue it or just let it grow?

DaBird

This is my favorite part of the hoby, watching little ones grow, nice grab my friend...

blue_eyes53813

I would just let it grow and see if it will attache to something on its own... Hmmm cant waite to see a picture of it when it gets big enough.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Thanks Guys! its so tiny! and it survived being scraped off the rock and sent home, it was in a sheltered area but I think a crab knocked it off, it showed up on the substrate the next day so I penned it in, Im starting to think its a torch

woolfe

Do you know if you hold a magnifying glass up to the lense of your camera you can get pics of tiny things........C'mon Steve use your imiganation. I know you have a good one. I've read your posts. LMAO :shades:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Don't they have cameras with macro up there in Canuck Land?

Yes they do, however as anyone can tell you a 1 million dollar piece is only as good as the 3.50 an hour operator lol.
Thanks Booze it was tiny coral rescue day

vdituri

What about now? Have you figured out how to take a picture yet? :) lol

I've been getting nice little extras as well. Mine was a green glowy nub on the rock my leather came on. I'm thinking some kind of mushroom, but only time will tell. And I got an extra quarter sized urchin on my macro algae rock. It's living in what I'm calling my QT tank until I can find a mantis shrimp to eat the evil damsels. <insert maniacal laugher here>. (Thanks for the idea Bob.)

Attachments

• urchin hitchhiker2.jpg
    urchin hitchhiker2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 55