I got an issure wit my LTA

NjRiCaN

i have a LTA that finally attached itself but in the wrong spot. I have a picture of it but i dont know how to post it here so you guys can view it. Hes basically under a rock and hes attached pretty good. He is not opened he is just hiding under the rock. will he eventually come out from under the rock for food or light or is he just gonna die there? please let me know. my water parameters are good. checked it a thousand times by now> please help! i know this is the second time i have a problem with my LTA but before it wasnt attaching. Now it looks like it attached in the wrong spot. Thank you!

NjRiCaN

ok ive tried and i dont know how to put the picture in but you can go to my gallery and see a pic of it, if you guys can do that.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok let's give this another shot. Go back to the other LTA problem thread and read my post linked here http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/meet-greet-forum/49425-long-tentacle-anemone.html#post692049 and read what I put in the next to last section of that post (post #4 to be exact).

About your pictures.... the best (IMO) way is to create a Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket account and upload your pics there. Then come here and copy/paste the IMG tag here in your post and the software here on the forum will handle the rest.

DrHank

Once an anem has picked a spot and attached that's pretty much it. If it doesn't like where it is, it moves. They have their own ideas and that may not be where you wanted them. Sometimes they do withdraw. My advice is to give it time (as long as it doesn't start turning to jelly) and leave it alone. This is especially true when one is first introduced. They can go for several weeks between meals if necessary. I usually feed mine weekly.

If it makes you feel any better, I just found two GBTAs under some rocks in my 200 gallon. I have no idea where they came from but I started feeding them a half a silverside each week and now they are moving out into the open.

Be patient, leave the critter alone, and hope for the best. If it starts turning to jelly, get it out fast and check your parameters. Good luck!