I found very tiny white bugs on the glass

Hi guys,

My tank is still in the process of cycle and I found several very very tiny white bugs running around on the glass. They are very small like the size of the needle tip I think

any idea?

Thanks

lcstorc

Sounds like you may have some copepods running around. If so they are very good guys and many fish love to eat them. In fact I just came back from buying some more at the lfs.
Do a google image search on copepops or amphipods and see if they are your guys. If so be happy and hope they breed and increase in your system.
If that is not it a pic would help greatly for an ID.

I think that's it. They are the copepods and very small, couldn't see the antenna. I also found some of them have transparent body swimming around at the lower section of the tank. maybe they are the baby ones?

DeepBlue

Be carefull 32Bit, you are developing the condition! Reef Eye:eye: It's something you get because you sit and watch your reef more than anything else and you look so hard and you find all these amazing things and before you know it, you can't be pried away if your house was burning down. This is how it starts....

Be carefull 32Bit, you are developing the condition! Reef Eye:eye: It's something you get because you sit and watch your reef more than anything else and you look so hard and you find all these amazing things and before you know it, you can't be pried away if your house was burning down. This is how it starts....

I believe this is the condition that every single beginner has.. soon this hobby will became addiction. Well, I guess I have already addicted to it..

She knows the real price of all the things I bought for the tank. I'm a honest guy and feel bad about lying.

Honestly it is not extremely expensive to set up a 20g wait until thinking about set up a 100+g reef tank.

DeepBlue

Hopefully she gets as hooked as you and then there won't be as much of an argument when you upgrade!:spinner:

lcstorc

My problem is when I do things like I did today. Go out to buy pods and come back with a new coral. It would be perfectly fine if I hadn't done the same thing on Saturday. I just need to learn to stay at home. lol
I would probably start ordering on the net then.

Watching my reef is better than television! You are catching it!

Because you have beautiful fish and corals in it.

All I have is a pile of rock in the tank and I glued my face to the tank tried to find something that is moving.

I know I know, patience is the key in this hobby.

lcstorc

Soon you will have many beautiful and amazing things to watch. Even while cycling you will likely see some life on the rock such as feather dusters and other filter feeders. Then you get the fun of stocking which makes life really interresting.

lcstorc

I can only wish at this point. They sold the one I was looking at but I really couldn't afford it at this point anyway. lol I say that but spent more on new corals this weekend than the fish would have been, :)