I call him evil

mosdojaf

This guy was about the size of a quarter with its spikes 10 months ago, he likes to eat my pink zoas( , and a leather coral(, But soon the nano will be ready) and i can actually clean all the sides of my tank, He can eat a sheet of algae in a day. Picture was taken during a water change, does anyone knowhow to get magnet cleaners to not leave that film on the outside of a tank?

Attachments

• evil one.jpg
    evil one.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 118

JustDavidP

*pointing up* Yeah...what he said :) and.. if so, use newspaper and a vinegar and water solution to clean the outside glass.

D

Stacef

I like him a lot!!

I have had a crazy obsession with urchins since a trip to Cabo when I was 13..and found 100's of them!

But yeahp, just make sure your outside glass has NO water on it. You will be good! Just wipe :hallo: the glass clean, wipe on, wipe off.

Octoman

I've got one of those too, but he's never given me any trouble nibbling on any corals. Mine is an algae cleaning machine! Started out pencil eraser sized, now it is raquetball sized with the spines. I wouldn't consider giving mine up. Plus, I want to breed Bangaii cardinals and the babies like to hide out in the diadema urchin spines. I'll find a picture of mine in a minute...

Octoman

Here's "Spike"...

creature.jpg

JustDavidP

Ooooh purdy! I liked my blue tuxedo. He was an algae munching machine. Never bothered many corals, but would often decorate himself with frags, like the zoas in this picture.

urchin.jpg

Dave

wonderloss

That pic makes me miss my little tuxedo urchin. I would like another, but they do have a tendency to bulldoze as they make their way around.

JustDavidP

It lived in a 26 bowfront, with seahorses (H. Reidi). It was chuck full of macro, and some problematic hair algae. There were some shrooms, zoas, and gorgs, but it pretty much left them alone. Except for the one or two polyps that grew off of the colonies, into the sand. Those, it thought, were very attractive hats.

Dave

krbekk

And I was starting to think I was only urchin person out here. My tuxedo urchin is the "bomb". He keeps everyone entertained with the stuff he carries around.

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
Cool looking urchin! I had one for a while as well,.. but he started to mow over small incrusting monties, and had to go :(

I agree with everyone else,.. make sure the outside magnet is clean and not wet and you won't have problems with streaks.

Whiskey

CMG

OOOOOOOOOO.....I like those especially because I would like my banggai cardinal to hide in it like an anemone fish in an anemone!! But I havent read enough about them to know if my tank setup can support him...