I am buying 500 lbs of LR

naperenterprise

Please do...
I'm beyong my morning cofee, and moved onto Miller Lite...
And I'm still confused ;)
Steph--I know we are going to be VERY busy, plus my sisters wedding is in June. I'm MOH so it's going to be hectic, I am going to be home (Michigan) most of June, sucks!

Gary--I think I am going to get two different tubs, they NEED to be seperated, next thing I know I'll have 1500 pounds, they reproduce like darn bunnies.

Sarah--The babies are cute and all, but I don't think I can handle of the hell makers! There will be a lot of them!

Jason--I will find the link of the babie making rock to catch you up!

Triggerjay

I had 2 rubbermaid tubs connected with 1.5" pvc, a g2 and an or3500 running for months. It worked well, except when the rubbermaid tubs gave out!

I think they are refering to rubbermaid STOCK tanks,... not the rubbermaid totes you get at walmart..

Jason

Stacef

Thank you for all of your suggestions! The guy isn't calling me back erghhh. And already told me it was mine, I was supposed to go pick it up today/tomorrow, cross your fingers.

glampka

I've been putting my babies in my Aquafuge. Good place for them to grow out for a bit before transferring them to the DT. Just put about 7 or 8 in there the other day.

Stacef

Good method Gary, I should be taking them out of the DT to. I think I am getting some major inbreeds...I have to keep seperating them, then an hour later they are next to each other again ughhh.

naperenterprise

You guys and girls are messing with me...
What the heck are you talking about???
ROCKS? Breeding?

Next I'll be snipe hunting or looking for the left handed smoke shifter right...;)

Good method Gary, I should be taking them out of the DT to. I think I am getting some major inbreeds...I have to keep seperating them, then an hour later they are next to each other again ughhh.

rlcline76

Mine popped out a couple of females a week or so ago. You can see them just to the right of the red shrooms. I cannot get rid of them until they are weened (just 5 more weeks)!

LRYoungins.jpg

Jimw369

Thanks for the invite Gary.

Im posting a pic of my tank right after set up over a year ago now! Im glad I took Garys advice and made sure to combine FLR and MLR. Didnt really know how to proprely set them up in the tank but you can see what I did. Seems to work fine this way. None of the new LR gets very big though:tears:

MattsTank025.jpg

rlcline76

Thanks for the invite Gary.

Im posting a pic of my tank right after set up over a year ago now! Im glad I took Garys advice and made sure to combine FLR and MLR. Didnt really know how to proprely set them up in the tank but you can see what I did. Seems to work fine this way. None of the new LR gets very big though:tears:

MattsTank025.jpg

I think my personal best was 2.38 lbs, Jim...nothing that is going to get me into the Guinness Book of World Records.

vdituri

So is Female liverock where pink coralline comes from?
We must not get male liverock over here. I never see blue. lol

rlcline76

Yes Victor, and upon further observation, you would notice that the pink coralline takes over everything trying to assert its dominance.

kathywithbirds

I think that's what happened with us... we had a 5g... then a 37g... then the 75 and several aquapods... just had to keep finding homes for the new LR.

How do you tell it apart before the pink adn blue show up?

rlcline76

I forwarded that Q to glampka. I have a problem with sexing live rock before they are completely weened and ready to sell. Glampka seems to have an eye for these sorts of things.

rmlevasseur

No lights, heavy skimming, frequent water changes. Its worth it in the end, but only if you give it at least 3 months.